i30 Owners Club

Finally got it, but with mixed feelings

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
Picked up my i30cw today - it took 4 months, 1 week and 3 days to get this one.

I have a bit mixed feelings; I'm happy to get the car after a looong wait and not so happy to get something different that I had ordered. With this I mean that there were both positive and negative surprises.

Here are the "unexpected" things listed:

+ ISG & BlueDrive technology
+ electrically folding side mirrors with blinkers
+ 6th gear
+ mudflaps
- no rain sensor
- no heated windscreen

The positive surprises were most likely because of the production change, I was told that you cannot get i30cw 85kW CRDi without BlueDrive and 6+1 gears any more and the new "comfort" level includes these fancy side mirrors.

The rain sensor and the windscreen thing were bundled with automatic AC, and the only way to get auto-AC was to buy the whole package. Well, I got the automatic AC, but not the bundled items.

Although the missing features are not that important to me, the principle is. Tomorrow the dealer (who has equal interest to get this sorted) will contact the importer/factory representant and claim for compensation.

Otherwise, the ride back to home was pleasing and did fulfill my expectations. Will post some pics and report after few more kilometers...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I think you came out well ahead anyway so I wouldn't be too disappointed!

If its the same as the UK models were I don't think it was a true heated front windscreen anyway, just a small heater to warm the wiper blades. I suspect this option has been dropped in all markets, it has here in the UK.

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila

Actually, I'm quite happy with the car (130 km on the clock already) and can live without the missing features, no problem really. :)

But the fact that both me and the reseller have paid for the package that was not delivered, must be compensated.

Offline Nick Riffed

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Watford

• Oooh Errrr!!!
Just so long as they don't come along and unbolt all the extra bits!! 8)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi saunaman..I would be happy to swap mine with yours .. those extras sound good to me ( I understand why you have mixed feelings though..) The wiper defrosting would be very handy in yourt country...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

But the fact that both me and the reseller have paid for the package that was not delivered, must be compensated.

Hope you get it sorted
but I would expect them to say plus 4 minus 2 and no price increase so you are still on a winner.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Pip
Picked up my i30cw today - it took 4 months, 1 week and 3 days to get this one.

I have a bit mixed feelings...
You're kidding right?
You got a substantial upgrade for no cost and you still want compensation for (what to me at least are) minor features missing?

Good luck.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

The wait on the other hand was rediculous!

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
You're kidding right?
You got a substantial upgrade for no cost and you still want compensation for (what to me at least are) minor features missing?

Not kidding when it comes to money, ever.

The "substantial upgrade" was actually not free of charge, I did pay the full price for new the upgraded features, which makes about 200€ more than the older model. In this country the sales contract allows small changes for the price in this kind of cases where the produced models change.

In addition to that standard "comfort" setup, I ordered and paid for automatic AC bundled with rain sensor and heated windscreen. Got the AAC, but I did not get the bundled items - so, sure I want some money back.

My dealer just called, I'm getting 50% of the feature pack price as refund. I think I'm happy with that.  :)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Sorry, hadn't cottoned on to the fact you had paid for that specific upgrade (I should wear glasses), just thought it was part of the spec you ordered. In which case you were right to be a bit miffed, but the end result is good.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yup. Result, I say :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
He got free mudflaps, grumble grumble  :lol:

Yeah, have no idea where the mudflaps came from  :lol:. They are not listed as standard accessory, but might come as standard here (maybe someone else from here have an idea?).

I don't complain, though. I'm glad to have all sorted now and can start enjoying my new car.  :D

Going to have an hour of sauna and couple pints on that. Amen.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Do we get a pic?

I for one do not want to see a pic of saunaman in a sauna :P

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Bad juxtaposition on my part there. I too would prefer a pic of the car.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I now have an image of an i30 with a towel wrapped round it :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
Fear not my friends. Finns do go to sauna plain naked, no towels or swimming suits. I believe the rules of this site do not allow xxx-rated pictures, so you won't be seeing me in sauna, at least  with my clothes off.

For the car pics you'll have to wait a bit. She'll be naked, I promise - no towels wrapped around... :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^---- phew  :cool: :mrgreen:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Do we get a pic?

:lol: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

For the car pics you'll have to wait a bit. She'll be naked, I promise - no towels wrapped around... :lol:
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Please for decency sake, spare the blushes of your i30 and being fully naked i30 may do to its self respect  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  

It may never be the same agian when out in public  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

So for the sake of decency, please drape a cloth in the most appropriate place, it can be so small as to not be noticed, to spare your i30's blushes.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline VatTas

• 2nd Gear

• lt Lithuania
      Lithuania

• i30 1.6 CRDi BlueDrive

The "substantial upgrade" was actually not free of charge, I did pay the full price for new the upgraded features, which makes about 200€ more than the older model.
Hm, they charged me 460€ more than the older Comfort model...

Could you tell me how much did the engine heating equipment cost? Not so necessary here in Lithuania, but must be nice anyway...

Pip
You're kidding right?

Not kidding when it comes to money, ever.

The "substantial upgrade" was actually not free of charge, I did pay the full price for new the upgraded features, which makes about 200€ more than the older model. In this country the sales contract allows small changes for the price in this kind of cases where the produced models change.

In addition to that standard "comfort" setup, I ordered and paid for automatic AC bundled with rain sensor and heated windscreen. Got the AAC, but I did not get the bundled items - so, sure I want some money back.

My dealer just called, I'm getting 50% of the feature pack price as refund. I think I'm happy with that.  :)

Ok, stand corrected...
..I'd also be happy with that! In fact I'm getting more and more disappointed with missing out on the six speed box. :'(

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
Hm, they charged me 460€ more than the older Comfort model...

Could you tell me how much did the engine heating equipment cost? Not so necessary here in Lithuania, but must be nice anyway...

The tax-free price here for the new model is 410€ higher. However the CO2 emissions are lower in the new one, thus resulting to lower taxes added.

The engine heater for U2 engine was 394€ and the socket and wiring for interior heater 136€, both prices include installation work. You can get the accessories cheaper, but I thought that anything that goes under the hood, I'd better leave it to the dealership to install.

The interior heater was listed worth 107€ including installation, but I bought it from accessories store at 59€ and installed it by my myself (attached the bracket to the console and plugged the power cord...)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

See her posing and exposing even the most private parts here: https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5320.0.html

I had to cover my eyes  :lol: :lol:

Offline VatTas

• 2nd Gear

• lt Lithuania
      Lithuania

• i30 1.6 CRDi BlueDrive
Thanks for the info, saunaman!

I wish we had tax system that encouraged people to buy "greener" cars...

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila

It's been 15 days since I got my i30cw, have 1500+ kilometers on the clock already.

The car feels better day after day, the thing I most like is the CRDi engine and very nice torque it provides - it's just wonderful. :D :D

When it comes to driving and steering response, it just feels bigger car that it actually is. It has longer wheebase than my '07 Mazda 6 did, so no wonder... :)

The only thing I miss so far, is the auto-up windows, this one has got auto-down feature only. :neutral:

Now I'm eagerly waiting for the spring and chance to switch to summer tires. Winter tires do not give the best driving experience, they tend to under-steer a bit.

Oh - and my wife likes the car as well and actually finds it better than the previous one.  :wink:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's great feedback saunaman... Yes, the combination of that CRDi motor and solid (big car) on road feeling is addictive isn't it.. Good that your wife is happy too... (that always makes life better  :wink:)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
He got free mudflaps, grumble grumble  :lol:

Yeah, have no idea where the mudflaps came from  :lol:. They are not listed as standard accessory, but might come as standard here (maybe someone else from here have an idea?).

Mud flaps, mud flaps....  You're gonna drive through mud in your shiny new car, I don't think so.   Wife's got better things to do than clean the car everyday.   twice a weeks enough for now, she has to cook and clean in the house as well.  Don't want the lass overdoing things.   I've moved the coal bunker nearer the back door for her, I know, I am just such a thoughtful sorta guy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Mud flaps, mud flaps....  You're gonna drive through mud in your shiny new car, I don't think so.   Wife's got better things to do than clean the car everyday.   twice a weeks enough for now, she has to cook and clean in the house as well.  Don't want the lass overdoing things.   I've moved the coal bunker nearer the back door for her, I know, I am just such a thoughtful sorta guy

Yes very thoughtful  :wink: :D :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal