British still hogging middle lane

eye30 · 7 · 1556

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The worst piece of road overall for middle lane hoggers is the stretch between junctions 5 and 6 westbound on the M4 near Slough, where the middle lane is hogged 27% of the time.

Data from the Highways Agency shows this problem has not gone away despite new legislation that allows police to fine drivers for not keeping to the left unless overtaking.

:link: British still hogging middle lane - BT

non UK members - Is this the same where you live?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
It's OK the overpaid politicians enacting new laws, middle lane law, mobile phone use laws.

What we need now is more cops to enforce these laws  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
It's OK the overpaid politicians enacting new laws, middle lane law, mobile phone use laws.

What we need now is more cops to enforce these laws  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

You're so right.

Same problem here where there's 3 lanes.

Much of our motorway are only with 2 lanes and it seems like most passenger car drivers don't find it ok to use the same lane as the lorries, hence the fast lane isn't that fast after all because if they just drive 100 km/h then they can overtake the next lorry they can see out in the horizon, and they sure won't give way if a faster car approach from behind  :fum:

I hate the Danes mentality in the traffic, it's "me, me, me!" and then the rest of you can F*ck off.

I like driving on the Autobahn in Germany even though they do drive fast sometimes they are very good to give way and accept other drivers.  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Not many 3 lanes my way but I feel the same as Asterix. A brand new dual carriageway just opened north of Coffs which I drive 5-6-7 days a week. It's 110km/h and the number of people who sit in the fast lane doing 105 overtaking someone else doing 104 and I'm trying to do 112. Then once they're past the other car they stay in the fast lane for the next km. No concern for anyone but themselves.

I've driven alot of NSW and I believe that Coffs Harbour has the worst drivers around, even taking Sydney into account. But then people in Coffs just don't give a rats about anyone but themselves.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Three lane Hwy/Freeway,whats the issue with people staying in the centre lane,that's why they actually put steering wheels and accelerator's in cars for so you could actually steer around things,like Craig said they want to concentrate on the F#+@ wits who sit in the outside lanes sitting 5 to 15 kph under the posted speed limit
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
It's particularly annoying and frustrating when towing.  Many women tend to remain in  lane two regardless and adjust their speed to suit  presumably to avoid mixing with LGVs in lane one and avoid using lane three at all

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I sit in the middle lane when I don't know the area well (when we do our mainland trips) so I can take a right or left turn at fairly short notice if something interesting appears. Another reason is so I don't get stuck in the wrong lane if the GPS is a bit slow to give directions.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal