i30 Owners Club

Key Fob

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
My interest was pricked by comments in other posts about having to pay for a second key fob, is this still the case in the UK? Do you really only get one key with your new car?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I asked when I placed my order (a month ago) and dealer confirmed I'd be getting both proper keys.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
OK after reading my post should have made my point clearer sorry, do you still only get 1 REMOTE key and 1 non remote key?

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Cheers Dorian hope I get the same doesn't seem too much to ask for to have 2 remote keys.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Yes 2 remotes  :mrgreen:

but my name is Lorian. Oh well it isn't really but that's another story.

The dealer has also lead me to believe I will be getting a full sized alloy spare wheel.

I don't think there is a dealer in Telford - Did you order from Shrewsbury?

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Apologies on the name, I actually live in Albrighton (Junc 3 M54) so went to Wednesbury Autobase to order as it's my nearest dealer.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
After a campaign by 2 long serving UK members of this site HY UK caved in and changed their policy by supplying 2 remote (flipper) keys for all new i30's from, I think, mid 2008.

The basis of the argument was that by not using the remote, 2nd key provided was a plain non remote key, the security functions would not be activated.

Should there be an insurance claim for theft or stolen vehicle etc due to security function not being active the insurance company could refuse any claim as the car is warranted as having a minimum level of security for setting insurance premiums.

Also, if the car is locked with the remote, and you use the non remote to open the car the alarm would sound.

There is a posting of this elsewhere on the site if you wish to see how it all unfolded.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Thankyou all for the responses, good news about the keys, well done to those willing to stand up to the "Man"  :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
After a campaign by 2 long serving UK members of this site HY UK caved in and changed their policy by supplying 2 remote (flipper) keys for all new i30's from, I think, mid 2008.

The basis of the argument was that by not using the remote, 2nd key provided was a plain non remote key, the security functions would not be activated.

Should there be an insurance claim for theft or stolen vehicle etc due to security function not being active the insurance company could refuse any claim as the car is warranted as having a minimum level of security for setting insurance premiums.

Also, if the car is locked with the remote, and you use the non remote to open the car the alarm would sound.

There is a posting of this elsewhere on the site if you wish to see how it all unfolded.
a case of cutting corners to make more money,they didn't think about that alarm problem. :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal