i30 Owners Club

My vacation in Sweden

tohis · 11 · 9112

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Hi fellows,

Few days ago I came home from my trip in Sweden. It was a success, everything went as planned, my i30 purred as smoothly as a diesel car can do, and I even had enough luck to enjoy decent weather at there!  :)  :happydance:

At first I drove into Turku, where I went on board to the M/S Viking Grace cruiseferry, which took me and the i30 into Stockholm, Sweden at next morning. Here I'm queueing to drive in, looking that thunderstorm approaching from the sea...

My first major destination was the Västervik - Hultsfred narrow gauge museum railway. I stayed in the Hotell Fängelset, which is a former prison converted into a simple hotel.

At first day I was driving around for photographing these rail buses and saw very beautiful scenery along the route...

At second day there were also a steam-powered train going along with rail buses, and I also went on board to both of them.

The next day I drove via the town of Gränna, which is famous from those traditional Polkagris peppermint candy sticks. I bought handful of them from this store.

The other major attraction in my trip was the Liseberg amusement park at Göteborg (aka Gothenburg). I stayed in this nice small B&B called 5:ans Bed & Breakfast...

I spent the evening and the next day at Liseberg. At first evening it rained a little, but the next day it was half cloudy and about 18 degrees, just perfect and not too hot. Those big rollercoasters and drop towers were not a disappointment either.  :cool:

Not forgetting the food... I ate traditional Swedish meatballs and smashed potatoes, and these were good ones  :)

Now this waffle was very delicious with all those toppings, and I even managed to order it in Swedish  :cool:
Hej, jag tar en kaffe och en våffel med jordgubbssylt och grädde och glass, tack - and surprisingly the lady behind the counter understood me fully! In Finland we study also some Swedish at school, and I still remembered something from it.

At Tuesday morning I started the long way into home. I drove almost 500 km from Göteborg to Stockholm, where I went on board to M/S Viking Gabriella. These cruiseferries are almost as luxurious as those famous Caribbean cruise ships, and are very popular among Finns and Swedes for having a nice cruise and visiting in our neighbour countries.

Some shots from the open deck:

At the open sea later in the evening...

At the dinner buffet I had to use all willpower not to seriously overeat. It was so delicious, and better be for the price I paid...

I even managed to save some space for the dessert!

At the next morning I arrived to Helsinki, Finland and drove the last 400 km into home. I guess I will be planning something similar for the next summer...  :cool:

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
What a great trip that looks :D

Fantastic photos - thanks for sharing them :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like you enjoyed yourself tohis, nice photos :goodjob:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Sounds like a pleasent trip... some nice photos there.  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Great pics and you enjoyed the break

Is the rollercoaster wooden?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Awesome post! Great photos!  :judges:

BTW my eldest Daughter Ashley and her husband are spending about 4 days in Finland, 3 or 4 in Russia and a few in Germany in November this year. They will be  on a cruise ship Finland to Russia.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Great pics and you enjoyed the break

Is the rollercoaster wooden?

Yep, the Balder is wooden, and is voted to be one of the best wooden coasters in the world. No wonder why, because it was surprisingly smooth and thrilling ride, lifting your butt off the bench at every top.  :goodjob:

Thanks to all for your nice comments...  :thanks:
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Great photos & travelogue.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Any photos from Stockholm? :) I planned to get to Stockholm by car via Helsinki from my home once, but put it off for a better time with longer vacation

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

BTW my eldest Daughter Ashley and her husband are spending about 4 days in Finland, 3 or 4 in Russia and a few in Germany in November this year. They will be  on a cruise ship Finland to Russia.  :goodjob:
Aha, that is how they plan to get to Saint-Peteresburg) I thought they would prefer airplane though. Let me know the dates they expect to be here

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Aha, that is how they plan to get to Saint-Peteresburg) I thought they would prefer airplane though. Let me know the dates they expect to be here

I will get them to contact you a bit closer to the time. I told them all about you, but they still want to meet you anyway.  :lol: :lol:

It is sometime in early November...  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal