i30 Owners Club

Changing headlights bulb to "day white"

Raid · 29 · 8412

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello guys just wondering if I can change my normal headlights bulb to day white Light bulb and would I need any mod for it to work plz and also would that avoid the warranty?
Thanks
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Please explain what a "day white Light bulb" is...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just be careful that the bulbs you use comply with uk's vehicle requirements otherwise pc plod may stop you
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Like this one
:link: H7 Ring XENON Ultima +120% Headlamp Bulb 55W (Pair)

Ok, that's just a normal H7 headlight "xenon wannabe" bulb. No problems installing them and no problems regarding warranty.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Is that the proper white light plz ?

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Asterix have you got any in mind about the headlights bulb plz I'm looking for one that look the same as the led day light that comes with the i30 car plz

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
To answer that question I think you need to know where on the Kelvin scale the DRL LED's are, and that isn't info I have got.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

I would like my headlights to look like that white plz

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Raid.

You are unlikely to get an exact match but probably be close enough (much closer than the originals) There are so many different temperatures of light each producing a slightly different shade.

As far as warranty is concerned, if you upgraded to say 100 watt globes (from 55 watt) and this caused something in the headlights to melt or cause a short in the wiring (for example) only the warranty on the headlights or anything related to the headlights/wiring would be effected. Not the total car warranty.

Same with any other mod. Only items pertaining to that mod effected under warranty. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
To answer that question I think you need to know where on the Kelvin scale the DRL LED's are, and that isn't info I have got.
Thanks asterix

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I think the DRL's are at about 6000k  :idea:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks for all you help guys

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello guys anyone knows which headlight bulb does the 1.4 active Hyundai petrol use for low beam and high beam plz. I would like to change my orinal one into whites and any recommendation plz thanks 

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hello guys anyone knows which headlight bulb does the 1.4 active Hyundai petrol use for low beam and high beam plz. I would like to change my orinal one into whites and any recommendation plz thanks

You will find that info in the manual. You must have collected your car by now.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello asterix how r u doing mate? Yep you right I have collected the car so will come back online later on

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Offline Smitha10

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Not sure if you've been able to sort your lights out now, but i have recently done al mine and i will post links to ebay below where i got them from:

:link: H7 55W XENON SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHT BULBS 477 499 HID LOW DIPPED BEAM UPGRADE 12V | eBay      That's headlight

:link: H1 55w SUPER WHITE XENON (499) HIGH BEAM UPGRADE Head Light Bulbs 12v | eBay       High beam

:link: 2x T10 W5W 501 5 LED 5050 SMD Wedge Tail Light Sidelight Lamp Bulb Xenon White | eBay        and side light (LED)

i have installed all these in my i30 and I think they look quite smart!  :wink:
  • Hyundai i30 comfort 1.6 crdi auto

Offline Ozknight

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
    • Tech Mobile Pro
I don't know if the previous owner of my i30 upgraded my bulbs but the reflection from speed signs at night  is almost blinding  :cool: :cool:
  • i30cw 2010 1.6 crdi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't know if the previous owner of my i30 upgraded my bulbs but the reflection from speed signs at night  is almost blinding  :cool: :cool:
Maybe your lights need adjusting, Mandurah Hyundai can check that for you.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Not sure if you've been able to sort your lights out now, but i have recently done al mine and i will post links to ebay below where i got them from:

:link: H7 55W XENON SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHT BULBS 477 499 HID LOW DIPPED BEAM UPGRADE 12V | eBay      That's headlight

:link: H1 55w SUPER WHITE XENON (499) HIGH BEAM UPGRADE Head Light Bulbs 12v | eBay       High beam

:link: 2x T10 W5W 501 5 LED 5050 SMD Wedge Tail Light Sidelight Lamp Bulb Xenon White | eBay        and side light (LED)

You got any pics plz thanks

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK

Raid - just so you're aware, Smitha10 has an FD i30 (the previous model) which uses an H1 bulb for the high beam.

Yours being a GD i30 only uses H7 bulbs for both the dipped beam and high beam. Wouldn't want you to get the wrong bulb. :lol:
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Raid - just so you're aware, Smitha10 has an FD i30 (the previous model) which uses an H1 bulb for the high beam.

Yours being a GD i30 only uses H7 bulbs for both the dipped beam and high beam. Wouldn't want you to get the wrong bulb.
Thanks mate and here is a pic of the light that I would like to change and for the life of me I can't figure out how to removed it any help would be much appreciated thanks

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Yours being a GD i30 only uses H7 bulbs for both the dipped beam and high beam. Wouldn't want you to get the wrong bulb.
Thanks mate and here is a pic of the light that I would like to change and for the life of me I can't figure out how to removed it any help would be much appreciated thanks
I found out from smita10 its 501 sidelight thanks for your help guys

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
here is a pic of the light that I would like to change and for the life of me I can't figure out how to removed it any help would be much appreciated thanks
Pretty simple, take the inspection cap off and you'll see the bulb connector there, it pulls straight out but is very tight "don't pull it by the wires"

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
here is a pic of the light that I would like to change and for the life of me I can't figure out how to removed it any help would be much appreciated thanks
Pretty simple, take the inspection cap off and you'll see the bulb connector there, it pulls straight out but is very tight "don't pull it by the wires"
Thanks Craig will try it again

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal