i30 Owners Club

Servicing before collecting used car

Raid · 39 · 11027

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello guys first of all thank you very much for all the help you guys been giving me and tomorrow I will be picking up my used car from the HY dealership and would you guys think they would do a servicing on the  car before they give it to me plz and the servicing are due next month for this car. As I'm buying the car before the servicing are due will they turn off the servicing notification till next year if they have one? Or you guys think they will give it to me as it is and then I will have to pay for the servicing next month's?.
If they do do the servicing should I ask them for the paper work of the things they have done on the car and check if the service book been stamped ?

Thanks guys
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You'd be best off asking the dealer if they are going to service it first though if it's not due then they're not obligated to do so I wouldn't think.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
You'd be best off asking the dealer if they are going to service it first though if it's not due then they're not obligated to do so I wouldn't think.
Thanks CraigB I would check with them about the servicing and if they do do it shall I ask them for all the paper work about what they have done and do Hyundai have a servicing lights on the dash to let you know if its due plz ?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Unlike some vehicles, there is not a service light on the dash.

Servicing of the vehicle before it was due, would have to have been negotiated between yourself and the salesperson at the time of purchase. I doubt they will service the vehicle voluntarily when they know you will pay for it next month. The dealer is in business to make money, after all.  :Pout:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks Phil I did mention about the servicing and they guy told me that it would be done but the reason I'm asking all these question is because the salesman that done the deal for me is a new salesman and only worked there for 3 days so not sure how much he knows about his stuff.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Phil №❶

Actually, the GD2 (my model) has the servicing interval built-in and will show on the dash when it's close to the service age/mileage :)

@Raid - they're almost certain to give it a basic service before you collect.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Actually, the GD2 (my model) has the servicing interval built-in and will show on the dash when it's close to the service age/mileage :)

Thanks a lot for the confirmation shambles and would they actually turn the reminder off or you don't think they would as it is not a proper servicing?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Thanks for the correction  :-[

I'm just an old but happy FD owner.  :D

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Thanks a lot for the confirmation shambles and would they actually turn the reminder off or you don't think they would as it is not a proper servicing?

They will definitely not turn off the service indicator if they don't do the service.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Mine has the service notification option as well, Hyundai never activate it though because it bugs people :)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
If they say the done the service I can ask them to show me what paper for whatever they done on the car isn't it?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If they say the done the service I can ask them to show me what paper for whatever they done on the car isn't it?

I would just get them to stamp and date the book for the relevant service, if they haven't already. I would also check the oil is clean(ish) and on the full mark.

Any supportive paperwork would be a bonus.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

I would just get them to stamp and date the book for the relevant service, if they haven't already. I would also check the oil is clean(ish) and on the full mark.

Any supportive paperwork would be a bonus.  :cool:
Thanks daz will keep that in mind

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

There should always be a copy of the service schedule for the costumer in order for you to see what have been done at the service.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

There should always be a copy of the service schedule for the costumer in order for you to see what have been done at the service.
Thanks asterix all that is very helpful to me so that when I get there I know what to check n what I should have n whats included with the car.

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Interestingly car supermarkets generally perform the 1st year (optional) service that Hyundai dealerships advise against doing. I don't understand why when Kia use the same engine(s) in their cars, they stipulate an annual service.

The dealership will have paperwork for their pre-sale vehicle check. You could ask them to print that report for you.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Interestingly car supermarkets generally perform the 1st year (optional) service that Hyundai dealerships advise against doing. I don't understand why when Kia use the same engine(s) in their cars, they stipulate an annual service.

The dealership will have paperwork for their pre-sale vehicle check. You could ask them to print that report for you.
Hello mate yep been to the dealer everything is ok but there is a few scratches that I didn't see before but I will find something to remove them apart from that car is very good and got all the paper work but unfortunately I will still have to do the first servicing next month as it is not included.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hello mate yep been to the dealer everything is ok but there is a few scratches that I didn't see before but I will find something to remove them apart from that car is very good and got all the paper work but unfortunately I will still have to do the first servicing next month as it is not included.

:goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Did the sales person not include on invoice as part of deal?

Usually they do this to get sale.

ask dealer, whether the original buyer bought 3 or 5 year service plan when they bought the car
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Did the sales person not include on invoice as part of deal?

Usually they do this to get sale.

ask dealer, whether the original buyer bought 3 or 5 year service plan when they bought the car
Hello mate I got the car home with me  and as I have been reading on internet all they want it your money and thats it they are not friendly and their customer service is crap but the car is very good and there is a few scratches here and there and a crap on the outer rear light but they told me that they can't do anything about i t so now I will have to take it out of my pocket anyway but overall the car is very good and very smooth to drive.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Just like many other dealers, unfortunately, looks good from here though.  :exclaim: :goodjob2:

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Just like many other dealers, unfortunately, looks good from here though.  :exclaim: :goodjob2:
Yes Phil apart from that car is in gd condition drives very smoothly no noise and the engine is very silent which didn't expect at all. I have been reading on here about the noise from the tyres but my alloy is 15" and I can barely hear the road which is very gd and you guys know anything I can use to take some of the scratches off from the inside plz like on glove box and behind the 2 front seat plz.

Thanks guys

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid: :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice.

Don't forget to get it taxed ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
It's all done but not showing on the website but I have received the email about the car been successfully taxed in fact they did it for me before I left the showroom lol

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Like the colour.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Hello mate I got the car home with me  and as I have been reading on internet all they want it your money and thats it they are not friendly and their customer service is crap but the car is very good and there is a few scratches here and there and a crap on the outer rear light but they told me that they can't do anything about i t so now I will have to take it out of my pocket anyway but overall the car is very good and very smooth to drive.

Car looks great. I feel the build quality of the car greatly exceeds the dire service from their dealership network.

Didn't you notice the crack on the light when you collected the vehicle? I did suggest you examine it carefully... they may be Hyundai dealers but they are still profit-driven businesses in an unregulated industry.

Print any receipts and email confirmations from DVLA for the VED and keep them in your car - if you're stopped by the police because it's showing as untaxed, they'll want to see those. It takes a couple of days for the system to update.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Car looks great. I feel the build quality of the car greatly exceeds the dire service from their dealership network.

Didn't you notice the crack on the light when you collected the vehicle? I did suggest you examine it carefully... they may be Hyundai dealers but they are still profit-driven businesses in an unregulated industry.

Print any receipts and email confirmations from DVLA for the VED and keep them in your car - if you're stopped by the police because it's showing as untaxed, they'll want to see those. It takes a couple of days for the system to update.
Yes I did see the crack while I was there but they didn't want to know anything about it he said I paid for it n that's it and they r not helpful at all but looking to get one on eBay or something n yep got everything with me in the car thanks a lot mate keep in touch

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Yes I did see the crack while I was there but they didn't want to know anything about it he said I paid for it n that's it and they r not helpful at all but looking to get one on eBay or something n yep got everything with me in the car thanks a lot mate keep in touch

First you should note down all the events especially what was said and by whom. You could then try the following steps:

1) Hyundai customer services: 0800 981 981

2) Complain in writing to the dealership that they were aware of this damage at the time of collection. Ask them to rectify it for you (link).

3) Finally contact the finance company and ask them to rectify it as they're jointly and severally liable (link).

Edited to add: having seen the photo from your other thread, I'd ask the seller to replace it but wouldn't bother replacing it myself. That's just me though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 18:54:59 by wbm00 »

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

First you should note down all the events especially what was said and by whom. You could then try the following steps:

1) Hyundai customer services: 0800 981 981

2) Complain in writing to the dealership that they were aware of this damage at the time of collection. Ask them to rectify it for you (link).

3) Finally contact the finance company and ask them to rectify it as they're jointly and severally liable (link).
Thanks for your help wbm00 really appreciate it but whatever I saw and asked them to do it they did it but that crack I didn't see at that time for some reason I don't know why but then I told them on the day I picked it up and told them that wasn't there the other day n I have been told that they can't do anything about it. Well its a lost for me but apart from that I really like the car and I will find that parts to fix it hopefully cheap one lol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal