i30 Owners Club

Bulb Broken? Engine light in hud is not turning on

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Hello,

well, i live in germany ;D So i want as allways all two years to "TÜV". Well, everything on my car was OK .... except one thing. The MIL-Lamp. This lamp in my HUD shows every start up.
I never noticed it, because i take a look, and when all lamps are off, everything is fine. Back to the problem, because of this lamp, the guy from TÜV cant make his final exhaust check.

I put ODB Diagnostics and it and it shows the following error:

P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity

With this error, i drive to my Hyundai Dealer, for more informations .....
After ~2h of waiting and 80€ later, i got the same result and the information, that they install a other HUD, and the error is still there. They tell me, that a troubleshooting can take several days, and if they find it and replace the parts (Motor Controlunit / harness) cost ~2000€ - 3500€ .... and this is too heavy for me.

So i begin to search.

I disassembles my HUD, replace two LED .... so the flickering of my HUD display stops  :crazy2:
So i checked the bulb of the mil lamp too. The mil lamp works find.

After this, i checked with my ODB Diagnostics the function of the lambda probe. So i checked the realtime stats, press the accelerator and watch the stats switch.
Because of this and the fact, i didn't need more fuel as allways, i think the lambda isn't the problem. Also the fact, that i get the correct reaction from the ODB, i think the Motor Controlunit isn't the problem too....

So what can it be? I think its a broken cable .... and here we are, the problem, at that i cant solve at the moment.

Where can i get a pinout of the connector to the Motor controlunit? Or which wires are the one, that i have to check (Colours of the cables are enough   :happydance:)?
Anyone had that problem too?

My Car:

Hyundai I30, 1.4 CW (FD), Buildingdate: 11/2010

If you need some information's, ask me ;D Home someone have a pinout or something  :sweating:
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Try this, hope it's useful.

There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Hiho,

this looks very very confusing  :crazy1:

But it seems to be, what i search  :goodjob:
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Hiho ;D

it took some time and skin (this car is really sharp on some edges!) but it works now. The problem was on a connector at the passanger seat. The EC11 connector had a broken cable near the connector pin 18.
For all who have this problem in the future .... good luck by fixing it.

Thanks for the MFI Control System schematic. it help me a lot!

Evelator

Topic can be closed
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal