i30 Owners Club
March 02, 2024, 20:57:47 by Bob.W | Views: 900 | Comments: 20

Check Engine Light
Hello Everyone,

In short, fully functional JUL17 PD, no physical damage, always garaged etc - driving into down yesterday in dry weather and with no seeming reason suddenly the display shows 'Check AEB system' error/warning msg. Multiple other icons also being lit up in amber.

Vehicle continues to drive normally - but becomes evident that multiple functions as lit up are 'disabled' i.e 'Autohold' lit up, tested and not working, same with cruise control - so assume likely the same with the other icons in amber (ABS,  stability control etc).

Checked online first thing to try was cleaning front/dash camera area - this did nothing. Appears fine, slight dust in camera lens area but within normal expected levels.<...
January 27, 2024, 12:10:42 by i30bluedrive | Views: 1354 | Comments: 6

Servicing
Hi all, I am after some advice regarding maintenance on my 2014 i30 1.6 crdi bluedrive. The vehicle has done 81k miles .

I have had the car in for a fuel filter replacement today, as was unsure when this was last done. During the health check they picked up a few things :

-The alternator belt is starting to crack (this was something I was aware of and monitoring already) - I would just like to know a figure of how much this is likel to replace (fully fitted).

-On the health check they noted that the clutch pedal biting point is quite low to the floor which they said is indicative of the clutch needing to be replaced soon.

-I haven't had any issues with the clutch such as slipping etc and it seems...
January 22, 2024, 20:16:47 by frisby1971 | Views: 1644 | Comments: 13

Tyres
Hello there,
I have tried to search for the answer with key words, but nothing that is matching

We have a Hyundai i30 FD 16v CDRi Diesel 2008.
When we bought her, some times the ‘ESP off’ goes on in the display.
Sometimes it stays there for a while. After a stop, it reveals again but disappears then.
Strange….. the switch underneath the steering wheel does not give the solution. Or it does not work.
But that is not why I post this quest

Lately we experience a major problem
We drive, but after some time the car slows down, the ABS light goes on, the car stops and the wheels are locked for a long time. (At least one hour)
The break paddle can not be pressed down. Resistance.
Does a...
January 16, 2024, 12:34:00 by moohoof | Views: 1650 | Comments: 6

Battery
I am trying to replace the battery in a 2018 i30 SE NAV T-GDI S-A, as it didn't hold up well during a recent cold snap. However, I can't seem to remove the positive battery terminal (pictured). The negative one is straightforward, but the assembly of the positive lead seems to be held in place by electrical cables that have no give/leeway.

Has anyone had any experience in removing these?

From looking at it, I think it should be just a matter of loosening the lower nut in the first picture, and then lifting the assembly, but there is no slack in the cable to do this.

[url=https://ibb.c...
January 11, 2024, 09:22:34 by James Bond | Views: 1189 | Comments: 3

Windscreen Washer
i30 Petrol  67 plate in the UK

Happy New Year all.
 There is nothing coming out of the drivers side washer, but the passenger side is working okay.
Ive tried the old 'stick a pin in the jet part'. 
From what I can see a pipe goes from the water bottle up the left hand side of the engine, then dissapears under a big black plastic covering the length of the windscreen. I dont want to try and remove that if possible. Im assuming there must be a t-junction where one pipe leads from to the drivers washer port, and the other side runs along underneath to the passenger side.

Is it worth trying to get some sort of air compressor to see if it unblocks it, or will that wreck the small plastic port where the s...
December 28, 2023, 15:31:10 by LeeBee2546 | Views: 1388 | Comments: 2

Brake Pads
Hi all, I’m after seeing if anyone else has had the same problem I’m having with my 2010 i30 1.6 crdi.
When my car is cold as I use the brakes even a touch, they stick for a few seconds, the pedal doesn’t return properly and the brake lights stay on. After a few seconds they release. When the car is up to temperature it doesn’t happen. I have bled the brakes and replaced the fluid, I have also had the vacuum pump replaced (€360🤬 after this being diagnosed by a mechanic).
It’s still happening though. Any ideas or has anyone else had the same problem ?
Thanks, Lee
December 28, 2023, 07:28:32 by Holok100 | Views: 1217 | Comments: 2

Dash Cam
We are looking to purchase the best front and rear dashcams for our recently purchased I30 Hatch. We would prefer to have them installed by our Hyundai dealership. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! We are in Australia
December 27, 2023, 05:09:20 by bocean | Views: 1011 | Comments: 0

Radio
Hi All,

Brand new here as I've just joined the i30 Club, having bought my first vehicle a few days prior to Christmas.
I drove my 2021 Baseline i30 for about 4hrs home from picking it up from the dealership & found the stock sound system to sound GOOD but couldn't help but feel it could sound better with some tweaked settings.
I believe it is a six-speaker set-up, with one in each door & two tweeters in the dash.
I played with some of the settings but can't quite nail the sound. At default, the audio sounds very "front" heavy, with most of the audio (mainly lyrics) sounding like it's coming from the front of the dash.

Any & all help with this would be MAJORLY appreciated. I look forward to hearing from y...
December 12, 2023, 08:59:23 by hneel | Views: 1611 | Comments: 2

DPF
About 7 years I have had my DPF emptied. But this year the emission tests have gotten stricter, and my car failed the test. So I had no choice but to have one installed again.  This was a month ago.

The car has also been chiptuned by myself. When the DPF had been removed the shop that did that also made some modifications.  I have kept all previous versions of the software, including the original.

So recently I thought I could put back the original software because there was no need anymore to "write away the dpf". But now I'm getting error P2002, and the car now goes into limp mode.
I googled of course, and read that it might have to do with a damaged DPF, but mine is brand new. So what could it be?

December 08, 2023, 01:41:13 by Lad | Views: 1868 | Comments: 2

Tail Gate
HI all,
has anyone one else experienced a failure in the tail gate ?
My I30 2012 Gd model.
Both using the button on the inside of the armrest or the button on the tailgate.
it makes its normal mechanical noise of unlocking but then it does not open.
I was able to crawl into the boot space from the back seat,  there is a hidden switch that should open the boot from the inside. it too fails to open the boot.

Any suggestions

Thank you in advance.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal