i30 Owners Club

sort-of crappy mod gear nob change

Offline cafstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
For some reason, I really don't like the feel of "ergonomic" gear nobs, and that includes the standard nob on my i30. So I changed it. For a $9.95 chrome nob from Supercheap Auto. Ignore the pens. Also in the photo is a 12v socket adapter for my phone, ipod and gps.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Its very good for taking 360o pictures of the inside of you car  :mrgreen:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Not my cup of tea. I would imagine it would need a wipe after every journey too  8)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline cafstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
Its very good for taking 360o pictures of the inside of you car  :mrgreen:

lol didn't even consider that... good thing I was clothed :) Could have been one for the moderators otherwise... unintentional nudity maybe?

Not my cup of tea. I would imagine it would need a wipe after every journey too  8)

Well.... yes. But I wipe the dash down after I park at home too. I also shake out the mats and vac around the drivers seat... My work is dirty and I can't sleep unless I've cleaned that dirt from Matthias.

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
Reminds me of my younger dayz when I had a Corolla that I decided to put a chrome skull gear knob on......

Well I thought it looked awesome.......

Offline cafstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
Reminds me of my younger dayz when I had a Corolla that I decided to put a chrome skull gear knob on......

I'll be honest... a chrome skull would be cool in a very un-cool kind of way, but for a permanent fix I'm thinking of a thick glass gear knob with an led inside so it lights up.... not much better than a skull, but still cool.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
bro... thats bloody awesome... on my 2nd car i have my chrome gear knob (lived on my skyline and did lots of motorkahanas and drag racing)!!!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal