i30 Owners Club

15,000km 12mth Service today

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
I took my car in this morning for it's first annual service. Was driven home , nice :goodjob2: and they will drop the car back to me afterwards  :goodjob2: which is great.

I have 2 faults for them to fix
1. The Sat Nav is cactus  :'( first it lost all my favourites. Then I reset it, which the manual suggests if you have issues. After that, it lost all it's configuration. I would turn it on, enter details, language, metric etc and it would work fine, but after turning off engine it would lose everything again.

2. Minor annoyance with weathershield on drivers side. It needs to be stuck on more firmly as it makes a noise when driving fast as it moves. The front left one is a firmer fit.

Will advise result of service later
  • i30 Premium

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Look forward to your report. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Look forward to your report. :goodjob2:

:whsaid:

Good luck with it!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

My car was delivered to me at 6pm. They rang me at 3.30pm to say it would not be ready till 5pm as they were working on the Sat/Nav
The guy who delivered the car said it has been updated and that seems to have solved the problems. I will check it out tomorrow after it has been overnight in the garage. It seemed ok when I did a quick check before putting it in the garage.
The weathershield was replaced and looks to be ok.

I did not receive an itemised invoice detailing what they did. Should I have received one?
The service page was ticked and stamped.
The only paper that was left on the seat was a Brake Test Report from www.safe-t-stop.com with a photo of my car to prove it was done on my car.  see below
  • i30 Premium

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Sounds like they looked after you pretty good. Have not had the first service yet so not sure about things being itemised. Great that they delivered it home to you. Thanks for the update. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
All the scheduled services I've had at Hyundai (both mine and my daughter's Accent, have come with fully itemised bills, including any additional queries we've made for investigation.

I think you're entitled to ask.
I'd ring them to tell them you're happy with what they've done (when you are) and ask for an itemised account for your records.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, get an itemised invoice. It is a written account of the tasks you have requested and tasks that they have performed in the workshop.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

Yes, get an itemised invoice. It is a written account of the tasks you have requested and tasks that they have performed in the workshop.

All the scheduled services I've had at Hyundai (both mine and my daughter's Accent, have come with fully itemised bills, including any additional queries we've made for investigation.

I think you're entitled to ask.
I'd ring them to tell them you're happy with what they've done (when you are) and ask for an itemised account for your records.
Thanks guys,  I'll ring them tomorrow after I've checked the Sat/Nav is definitely working again.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
As Surferdude said it is Hyundai policy to supply a fully itemized account,they looked after you pretty well probably an oversight
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Nice to hear about well performed service from the dealer.  :goodjob2:

Make sure your warranty claims are noted as well and what have been done to rectify it. Just in case same error occurs again.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

My Sat/Nav is working properly now so am happy.
I dropped by the Service Centre and they printed out a copy of the invoice (they could not find the original one !) The invoice stated that the 15000km service had been performed but was not itemised in detail. The only item listed was oils. I was told that they follow exactly what was written in the owners manual maintenance schedule.
The Sat/Nav upgrade was noted, but not the weathershield replacement. When I asked about that she said it was in the computers files and they don't need to list it on the invoice as it was replaced under warranty.
I didn't have the time to chase it up further as I had an appointment elsewhere.

Out of interest I asked if I could defer the next years Sat/Nav upgrade (30,000km service) to the 45,000 one the year after as I would probably not be paying for any more upgrades. However I was told the 2 free upgrades are only supplied at the 15,000 and 30,000 services.
  • i30 Premium

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
The upgrades are two free within first three years when scheduled service is completed. So as long as you get the 45k done within the three year period you can defer.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

The upgrades are two free within first three years when scheduled service is completed. So as long as you get the 45k done within the three year period you can defer.
Thanks, I'll make a note of that
  • i30 Premium

Offline kblake

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Roselands, Sydney
"Was driven home , nice :goodjob2: and they will drop the car back to me afterwards  :goodjob2: which is great."

Thats great... Was this from Arncliffe?  Never got that offer from Peninsular @ Milperra..  But I must add that I chose to wait and they were pretty quick.. So I am no complaining..
  • i30 active 2013

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

"Was driven home , nice :goodjob2: and they will drop the car back to me afterwards  :goodjob2: which is great."

Thats great... Was this from Arncliffe?  Never got that offer from Peninsular @ Milperra..  But I must add that I chose to wait and they were pretty quick.. So I am no complaining..
Yes that was Suttons at Arncliffe. They have a bus in the morning at 9am they told me, that will take people home, I guess if they live in the area.  There was nobody else to be taken home living my way so as soon as my car was booked in, I was taken home, didn't have to wait. Mind you they have a very nice waiting area, Coffee machine and bikkies and newspapers to read with comfy seating.  When I had the 1mth service, I waited as it did not take long.
When I bought my car, I also got the complimentary car wash for 1yr which is there also.  The car wash was closed in December for repairs so I received an extra 3mths extension. Needless to say I have been making use of it.. It is not open to the general public.
  • i30 Premium

Offline lyon

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Melbourne
I also got the complimentary car wash for 1yr which is there also.  The car wash was closed in December for repairs so I received an extra 3mths extension. Needless to say I have been making use of it.. It is not open to the general public.

Are you sure you are willing to let these "strangers" lay hands on your baby (car)? :) I wouldn't take that offer probably - who knows what they'll use
  • i30 Premium 2014, Creamy White, 1.8L Petrol, Auto

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

I also got the complimentary car wash for 1yr which is there also.  The car wash was closed in December for repairs so I received an extra 3mths extension. Needless to say I have been making use of it.. It is not open to the general public.

Are you sure you are willing to let these "strangers" lay hands on your baby (car)? :) I wouldn't take that offer probably - who knows what they'll use
Hi Lyon
I don't understand your post. Which offer are you referring to ?  :question:
  • i30 Premium

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Hi Lyon
I think he means the free car wash offer and is suggesting they won't do it carefully enough.
We had a similar offer years ago in Hornsby at the Holden dealer (bought a second hand Pulsar from them). I used it a few times and had no dramas with the way they treated it. Didn't get any unwanted scratches or swirls.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

Hi Lyon
I think he means the free car wash offer and is suggesting they won't do it carefully enough.
We had a similar offer years ago in Hornsby at the Holden dealer (bought a second hand Pulsar from them). I used it a few times and had no dramas with the way they treated it. Didn't get any unwanted scratches or swirls.

I thought that might be what he was referring to. However it is an automated drive thru car wash. You stay sitting in the car.  At the end you can dry off the car yourself and there are industrial vacuums for you to clean inside the car yourself. nobody else touches the car. I have been using it since I bought the car. Normally I don't use car washes, but go to the self wash ones where you put coins in and clean the car yourself.
  • i30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't mind the laser jet auto washes for a quick spruce up, doesn't get everything off but does a reasonable job.

I'd never use one of the coin operated manual washes or those auto spinner brush washes though and the guides that pull your car through those wash centres will damage your wheels as well

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

I don't mind the laser jet auto washes for a quick spruce up, doesn't get everything off but does a reasonable job.

I'd never use one of the coin operated manual washes or those auto spinner brush washes though and the guides that pull your car through those wash centres will damage your wheels as well
I've been using the coin operated washes for years on my previous Toyota. Always made sure the brush was clean before using it.
I thought the auto washes had a moving track that the car moved on, as I am inside the car I could not see how it works. Do you mean the tyres or the alloy part gets damamged ?
  • i30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The auto spinner/roller brush washes have a track on one side that pull the car through the wash but the guides on the side where the wheel drives onto make a mess of your rims if you're not lined up perfectly, I've also seen lowered vehicles have their spoilers and skirts damaged by those guides as well

That's why I don't mind the laser washes, no guides or tracks, you just pull the car up to where the light says stop and the water rail jets go around the car without touching anything, brilliant invention but like I said it doesn't necessarily get everything off but it does a reasonable job for when you cant be bothered :wink:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The auto spinner/roller brush washes have a track on one side that pull the car through the wash but the guides on the side where the wheel drives onto make a mess of your rims if you're not lined up perfectly, I've also seen lowered vehicles have their spoilers and skirts damaged by those guides as well

That's why I don't mind the laser washes, no guides or tracks, you just pull the car up to where the light says stop and the water rail jets go around the car without touching anything, brilliant invention but like I said it doesn't necessarily get everything off but it does a reasonable job for when you cant be bothered :wink:
Many (very many) years ago AMOCO used to have water jet only car washes and they were very effective.
I used to take my rally car through after events and even underneath came away clean. The only spot which didn't get completely cleared wasa up in the wheel arches if the event had been particularly muddy.
I took my daughter's Accent through a coin operated one in Darwin after we drove up there last November and it came out pretty much perfect. Surprisingly so actually. But I don't use them as a rule.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I only use them if I've already washed my car that week/fortnight and I manage to get more crap than usual all over it, cant be bothered doing it twice in one week :wink:

There's a new one just around the corner from my house that's got all the usual manual bay's plus the auto jet wash ( with new blow dry option ) and even an area to wash your dogs :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:53:03 by CraigB »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
A blow dry sounds nice.
And great to see all doggies being catered for too.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A blow dry sounds nice.
And great to see all doggies being catered for too.  :)
It's in Baldivis if you need some pampering Doggie

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal