"Introduce £2000 Scrappage Inducement to Diesel Vehicle Owners"

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ok Boris - better get started then.

Quote from: Daily Mail
Nearly half of cars registered in Britain are now diesel – a massive increase since 2000, when they comprised only 14 per cent.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I know it is contentious but bungling Boris is right to condemn diesel engines as an environmental menace. Sooner or later some kind of scrappage scheme will be invoked. However it will take many years.

The motor industry has spent a collective billions on research to clean up diesel emissions and remove all harmful stuff - but without success. The dreaded DPF's don't go anywhere near far enough in this endeavour.

First the number of Petrol hybrid, electric, fuel cell and compressed air vehicles must become the majority on our roads.

Then the sale of new vehicles with diesel engines will be banned

Some years after that the old diesels still polluting our roads will be given notice of having to be scrapped and a scheme to help owners to do so introduced

Those of you still around in about 2035 better start saving now.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Born in New York went to Eton and Oxford, in possession of a daft name (Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson) what other qualifications do you need to run England and Wales (and maybe Scotland).....

If he can't dream up a controversial peg to grab the limelight then he just clowns around, like, getting stranded on a zip wire over the Thames.

And, even tho it is common knowledge that he is a well educated buffoon, the unwashed masses will vote him in because he makes them laugh.

Even tho it is quite right that diesel engines are far dirtier than petrol, the choice is akin to the choice between beheading and hanging, the end results are much the same except one may take slightly longer than tother

With regards to Scotland, if your going, please close the door on your way out and good luck with King Alex (he wants to be a big fish in a little pond instead of like now, a little fish in a big pond.)   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
The Mans an educated Moron,how's he going to solve the transport industry
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
The Mans an educated Moron,how's he going to solve the transport industry

Horse and cart Rick?

:rofl: then he'd be whinging about all the horse crap in his streets  :rofl:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal