i30 Owners Club

Strange Radio Behaviour - Handsfree mode taking over

dammit · 1 · 1107

Offline dammit

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Surry Hills, NSW
I have a FD Trophy 2012 model (petrol) which has the standard radio with bluetooth. When I hop in the car it pairs bluetooth fine all the time. Lately I have problems though where I have a iphone 5s, and the usb cable which I plug into the car's usb port. I run google maps on my iphone, and often don't mind having it running in Nav mode with no sound, so I don't select Bluetooth Audio and just leave the phone on in the car (but plugged in charging).

Anyway for some reason when the nav voice triggers, the radio headset if in FM mode or another mode, what comes on the screen is "Handsfree" then "Outgoing Call", then what comes through the speakers is google maps nav voice. To stop it I have to press the red hang up button. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to disable this what seems to be, old style USB 'handsfree' phone mode? As if I want the audio of my phone through the stereo I select bluetooth audio to push it through that way, and just want to use the cars USB for charging only.

This also happens sometimes when I receive a phone call on my phone when my phone is plugged in via USB charging. I am not 100% sure, but I swear this has also occurred even wirelessly at times, when not using USB, but more of an intermittent issue there I think. (the headset defaulting to some strange old handsfree mode).

If not I am guessing the only way to stop this is USB charger via cigarette instead of cars usb port?
  • i30 2012 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal