i30 Owners Club

Flat Folding Rear Seat info on Australian Hyundai i30 website

auto_buzz · 12 · 14620

Offline auto_buzz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi All, I'm only days away from picking up my new i30 Petrol Elite... Cannot wait...

Just noticed on the Hyundai i30 microsite some information relating to the Flat Folding Rear Seats in the i30. They comment that these are only available on the Premium version. See link below:  http://microsite.i30.com.au (You will need to scroll down towards the middle of the page)

Does anyone know the difference between the flat folding rear seats in the Premium model vs the Elite model? Thanks so much...
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Someone will know definitively and I stand to be corrected, but as far as I know, the Premium has the storage set up underneath the floor and a totally flat folding floor, whereas the other models don't get the storage boxes and in those models the floor folds almost flat.

• Tertius the i30

ouri30
Yes, the flat folding rear seats in the hatch are only available in the Premium, the model we have.  As stated, there is a set of storage compartments and a foam insert (for tools) in the spare tyre that lifts the floor to the level of the seats when folded.

Please note, if you buy the Premium, the plastic tray that Hyundai offer as an accessory will not fit.  Our dealer promised us one and I noticed it was not fitting correctly - they had a carpet cut and edged for us - looks good and provides protection.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I'm guessing this must have changed somehow with the GD. My base model FD has flat folding rear seats. I've used the facility a few times to move furniture items.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline thommo101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

• 2012 GD i30 Active Diesel Manual
I was concerned when I saw the 'Fold-flat seats available only on Premium model' on the Hyundai website...

But have no fear! All of the GD rear seats (even in my base spec Active) fold flat.

The rear seat bottom lifts out and up, leaning vertical against the front seats. The headrests of the rear seatbacks are removed and the seatbacks can then be folded down completely horizontal.

What the Hyundai website are going on about is...

With the Active / Elite models, there is a simple flat board/carpet that lies over the spare wheel in the boot compartment. The level of this board is approximately 2 inches BELOW the level of the rear seatback when folded flat. Thus there is a vertical step from boot to rear passenger area of about 2 inches.

The Premium model has an additional storage area in the boot, above the spare wheel / boot liner of approximately 2 inches in depth. This raises the floor of the boot area level with the folded flat rear seats making it a completely flat surface.

So the premium technically has LESS space with the seats folded flat, but it doesnt have an annoying lip (which might snag objects if you try and slide things in).
  • 2012 i30 GD CRDi Active manual

Offline auto_buzz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thank you so much for your speedy and concise response... That explains it... Thanks again...
  • Hyundai i30

Offline thommo101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

• 2012 GD i30 Active Diesel Manual
No worries! And well done on your choice of car. The more I look at the Elite's spec sheet... the more I wish I had gone for it over the Active...

BUT... considering my budget for a new car was only $15k when I went shopping, spending 21K on my Active was bad enough, let alone 25k+ for what an Elite will cost.

Sigh.. don't mind me, i'll just sit over here and admire your car from afar :)
  • 2012 i30 GD CRDi Active manual

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm looking at buying a previous model (2010)
do you know what models of 2010 have the flat fold feature if any?
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm looking at buying a previous model (2010)
do you know what models of 2010 have the flat fold feature if any?

From memory all models of the 2010 hatch fold flat (because the rear seat squab hinges forward)

For some weird reason the rear seat squab doesn't fold forward in the CW (wagon) versions, so the floor is not quite flat in any of the CW versions.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal