i30 Owners Club

Door chime Gdi30

Stuffa · 38 · 12259

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
Weird, I'll have to take a look at ours. I can remember hearing the door chime going, but I think it's only when keys are in the ignition because I don't recall hearing it when I'm getting out of the car (or in) before putting the key in.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Stuffa

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Wambie
Weird, I'll have to take a look at ours. I can remember hearing the door chime going, but I think it's only when keys are in the ignition because I don't recall hearing it when I'm getting out of the car (or in) before putting the key in.

The newer model has a smart key you don't have to insert the key to open the door or start the car just have the fob on you
  • 2013 Phantom Black GD i30 1.8 Premium auto Hatch

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
The Active has a regular key, the other models have the proximity key. I did the tests on the Elite but I agree it goes nuts if you leave the key in the Active.

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
A further question, does it do it on entry to the car or just on exit. And just to be for my benefit :

All power off, car in park, open door, chimes?
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Stuffa

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Wambie
A further question, does it do it on entry to the car or just on exit. And just to be for my benefit :

All power off, car in park, open door, chimes?

It does it with power off door open on exit and entry. If ignition or acc is on it doesn't chime with the door open. It doesn't matter if the proximity key is on you, in the car or ten miles away, it still chimes. I've got no idea why they designed it that way. It's only the drivers door.
  • 2013 Phantom Black GD i30 1.8 Premium auto Hatch

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

• Zoltan the Magnificent!
Did you ever solve this issue?
  • 2014 CRDi Premium Diesel, White

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

• Zoltan the Magnificent!
For anyone that is interested in the chime issue...I found that if the drivers door is opened quickly after turning off the car, then it chimes.  If you wait a couple seconds and hear a relay sound from behind the cluster and then open the door, presto no chime!

It's like the car thinks the door has been opened while in operation... That my guess anyway.
  • 2014 CRDi Premium Diesel, White

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
This happens all the time in my GD, especially when cleaning the car! I hop I the car with the drivers door open to dust the interior and while doing so I put the car in acc mode to listen to music. When I'm done and turn the car off it chimes non stop. To shut it up I just simulate the door shutting my pressing the black rubber button in the door jam, simples.

I dunno why it does it as nothing displays on the trip display like other warnings such as the roof being open etc...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal