i30 Owners Club

DIY GD i30 carpets

rickai · 12 · 6344

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
I've been using this for a year and a half ever since I owned the car. It's kept my original carpet looking new and it's durable. I figure it might be an good and fun idea for someone who just got their car. Save you some buck.

You'll need: Permanent marker, scissors, newspaper, 2x2m carpet (i got mine from bunnings for $20) and some velcro to prevent it from moving around.

To do: Put newspaper over the area in your car where you want you carpet to be, use the marker and mark the edges until you complete a somewhat shape of the carpet. Cut out the shape in the newspaper and stick it on the reverse side of the carpet. Cut out the carpet with scissors and tata, you're done (Make sure you cut the right side). For the back seats, if you want, you can stick some velcro on the back so it doesn't move around.

Don't mind the green, I somehow wanted to feel like there's grass in my car  :snigger:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Awesome work :goodjob2:

That's going on the portal page :D

Quote from: rickai
... 2x2m carpet (i got mine from bunnings for $20) ...

I got fully sculptured mats delivered to my home, for around the same price (£11.84 using code "IWANTADEAL")) ;)

Hyundai i30 2012 - NOW Car Mats
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Looks great! :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wts:

Where did you get your seat covers?  :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Great idea,at least the colour goes with the seat covers,very loud  :laughter: :laughter:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Thanks guys! The carpet is actually what those CEOs use to play golf in their office.  :victory:

I got them in China, there weren't any good ones in Australia so got them in china. Cheap and good quality as well, haven't got holes in them yet, a few loose threads though. They're designed to suit many cars, the front seat covers should fit any car but the back seat covers have to be 4/6 or 6/4. Would anyone be interested? I thought about selling them here in Australia, might cost around $150 per set though. I actually have a spare set and if anyone's interested, it would be great to get some feedback on it.

Offline hugo

• 1st Gear
Peugeot 206, or 307 mats fit perfectly

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks guys! The carpet is actually what those CEOs use to play golf in their office.  :victory:

I got them in China, there weren't any good ones in Australia so got them in china. Cheap and good quality as well, haven't got holes in them yet, a few loose threads though. They're designed to suit many cars, the front seat covers should fit any car but the back seat covers have to be 4/6 or 6/4. Would anyone be interested? I thought about selling them here in Australia, might cost around $150 per set though. I actually have a spare set and if anyone's interested, it would be great to get some feedback on it.

The seat covers are pretty full on! (would be interesting to see them in in the flesh)

I think they would be an acquired taste!  :undecided:

Can you post a couple more pix (including the front seats/covers please)

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW

The seat covers are pretty full on! (would be interesting to see them in in the flesh)

I think they would be an acquired taste!  :undecided:

Can you post a couple more pix (including the front seats/covers please)

Sorry for the delay! Here are some pictures I stole from the chinese online store I got the seats from. I can say that the real ones I got is exactly the same as the picture shown, apart from the fact they used professional cameras to take the pictures with. Looks pretty good in real life! I even got randoms complimenting my covers on the street a few times.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that.. Nice (so they don't all have the contrasting stitching like your back ones?)

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Thanks for that.. Nice (so they don't all have the contrasting stitching like your back ones?)

there's many different colours and style to it, the one above is not the same as the one I have in my i30.  The one with red stitching is just sitting in my garage. will probably put it on ebay when I have time

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal