i30 Owners Club

engine mods 1.4 petrol

Offline masteranderson15

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Hi i'm new here i have had a look over the forum and couldn't see whether anyone has has done any performance/engine mods to the petrol 1.4 engine . does anyone one have any experience and can let me know what works best and what you have had done etc ? Thanks

• hyundai i30 1.4 petrol white edition

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
I am sure there are people who have on the forum. Some may come post, but it may not be many. I'm taking it (stupid assumption) that your car is out of warranty? If not becareful, as you could void your warranty

And btw the way  :welcum: to the  :i30: owners club.

Cheers,

Reaps
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome TBH, I can't recall anyone making any significant performance mods to a 1.4. They are not sold in Aust where a lot of our members come from, but a few Euro members have them. I guess if you want performance, you don't usually buy a 1.4 litre model :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My observation is that the most common ways of improving a 1.4 litre boy racer car are

Punching a hole through the exhaust system and fitting 6" dia chrome pipes to the rear end of the exhaust

Fitting 18" alloy wheels with skinny tyres instead of 14" ones requiring the wheel arches to be bashed outwards.

Painting a go-faster stripe up the front, along the bonnet, over the roof and down the back.

Fitting stick-on aftermarket pseudo DRL's

Dark tinting all the windows including the windscreen

To name but a few.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My observation is that the most common ways of improving a 1.4 litre boy racer car are

Punching a hole through the exhaust system and fitting 6" dia chrome pipes to the rear end of the exhaust

Fitting 18" alloy wheels with skinny tyres instead of 14" ones requiring the wheel arches to be bashed outwards.

Painting a go-faster stripe up the front, along the bonnet, over the roof and down the back.

Fitting stick-on aftermarket pseudo DRL's

Dark tinting all the windows including the windscreen

To name but a few.

So you have been past mine to see what I've done
 :whistler: :Shocked:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
You passed me actually - I couldn't keep up with you.  I reckon your car has been McCain'ed..
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
You passed me actually - I couldn't keep up with you.  I reckon your car has been McCain'ed..

It is the GO FASTER STRIP that gives that extra boost   :victory:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hi i'm new here i have had a look over the forum and couldn't see whether anyone has has done any performance/engine mods to the petrol 1.4 engine . does anyone one have any experience and can let me know what works best and what you have had done etc ? Thanks

Most owners here are just happy to leave their cars as standard. Perhaps if you could tell us what you can afford to modify, your mechanical capabilities and what in particular you see as important mods, there may be some members who will offer some advice or assistance.

For example we have a member who completely vinyl wrapped his old i30 to transform it's colour completely.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
I think I recall someone asking about fitting a turbo to a 1.4 petrol a while ago. Maybe such things have been done ?

Though if I wanted a car to tune I'd probably get a Ford or something - there are lots of special camshafts and other stuff made for them.

Being old I fitted mudflaps and door protectors on my i30 to try to slow it down a bit.  :snigger:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Welcome aboard.

Personal opinion, the 1.4 i30 is a poor candidate for engine performance modification and there are few if any bolt on mods available that will be significantly effective. Turbocharging is going to be expensive and intrusive. The air filter pod is proven to not add anything so if your thinking of starting there think again. The factory airbox is the best bet.

While it can be a fun past time, having been down this road with other cars long ago, my suggestion is if you want a fast car, buy a fast car from the get go.

And just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/v/F3mOSbc1nRM

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Having said that, here's some feedback from someone who went the pod.

Pod filter GD Petrol..
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline masteranderson15

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Thanks for everyone responses. I was looking to maybe add inductiin kits, stainless steel exhaust, remaps , all work would be complerted by professional.

Defo not into the boy racer look so won't be adding large alloys and go faster stripes

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Thanks for everyone responses. I was looking to maybe add inductiin kits, stainless steel exhaust, remaps , all work would be complerted by professional.

Defo not into the boy racer look so won't be adding large alloys and go faster stripes
Stainless steel exhaust tips are always a good look. The air induction kits are really just going to be just for looks. If you haven't tinted the car yet, and if you do, don't go below the legal tint. I believe the UK has got the same technology as Australia. The cameras on the sides of police cars can know check speed, rego, and tint percentage of 10 cars simultaneously. :sweating:
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline masteranderson15

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Thanks for the advice i think i will be sticking to makig the car look better.   i have already added k+n filter n xenon's . fortunately tints came standard on the edition model . may add stainless exhaust in a few months see if i can get some sweeter noise out of the engine :-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal