i30 Owners Club

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you........

bumpkin · 106 · 19637

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Joking apart Brian - I must admit I admire your dedication to keeping your cars pristine. You do a grand job :goodjob:

When I saw the first pic I thought you had been the victim of a volcanic eruption

You have inspired me to get stuck in and clean/polish my car tomorrow.

(I shall now pray for it to rain for the rest of the week to defer the chore)................... :lol:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Got myself a wee fleabay bargain this week, genuine Kia mudguards and front and rear embossed carpets delivered for £76 (dealer cost £128). :goodjob:

Managed to get the rear mudguards fitted today before the snow came on, still got the fronts to do.

New carpets will go in for the Spring/Summer, keep the cheap franchise ones for next Winter :razz:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :agoodjob: :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Fitted the front mudguards this afternoon after washing the car, found a feature I didn't know it had, in order to get to the screws I had to turn the front wheels fully to the stops, fitted the right hand part and got into the car, started it up and turned the wheels to the other stop to do the left side.  As I turned the wheel I noticed that the dash display said "Complete" as I hit the stop button.

Fitted the left side and got back into the car to straighten the wheels, this time watching the dash carefully.  Sure enough a warning with two red wheels pointing to the right and text telling me to align the wheels, as I turned the wheel the display wheels turned to green and the "Complete" text appeared again.

Clever :goodjob:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 18:03:39 by bumpkin »

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Can see the i30 facelift will get the DCT gearbox. Have you had any issues with that or is it just pure joy to drive..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
No problem at all, it is smooth and responsive, took a back road this morning to the golf course, stuck it into Sports Manual Mode and stiffened the seeering up and had a wee blast to myself, lovely!

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Just booked Neptune's first service.

Kia charge £119.00 for this one, I am already £20 in pocket then as I bought a service plan (3 years servicing and first MOT (roadworthy test)) for £99.00 as part of the deal when I bought her :happydance: :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
But.. but.. but.. you don't keep your cars that long :P

Do you?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Might do this time, ya never know!!

Anyway, at that price it doesn't matter!

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
One year old and 7500 miles, time for an annual review!

Still very happy with the Cee'd, a car I think is a joy to walk up to from any angle, the sporty front looks and the angular wedge side profile sitting on the two tone alloys makes her something I love unlocking and getting into.

Driving wise, as stated already, in full auto mode she is a very relaxing car, on long journeys she soaks up the miles effortlessly, my only slight gripe being that the gearing results in some unnecessary down changing when using cruise control and you hit an incline, this is probably related to differing locale speed limits, 65-70mph is just about at a change point, whereas setting it at 75 is less cumbersome (but ultimately illegal!).  Having said that though she is very comfortable and even if any stiffness does set in, the 10 way electric adjusatble drivers seat makes alteration of the driving position on the move easy to relieve any issues.  Over the Winter I really liked having heated seats again as well as the heated steering wheel, very pleasant! 

The engine is virtually silent from the cabin, the biggest noise being that of the road, most noticeable on more porous tarmac, on a fully sealed surface it is very quiet.

I tend to keep it in full auto mode with ECO most of the time, this has resulted in an average UK MPG of about 32 in the last year, significantly less than the advertised 45, but she does reach the40's on longer runs, indeed a journey to Edinburgh and back last week resulted in 43 mpg.

I like the flexsteer option a lot, using comfort for city driving, normal for highway/motorway driving and sport for the more spirited country lane stuff, indeed my daughter loves it when dad pops it into what she calls Xbox mode and uses the manual paddle shift!

The body and paintwork is showing no signs of problems, a couple of stone chips in the flat of the front bumper the only evidence of a one year old car, the angular front shape and sloping windscreen appears to repel any issues, even bug splatter is kept to a minimum.

Internally the car is very tight, on a par with my i30 and certainly better than either the ix20 or i40 in my opinion, no dashboard creaks and despite a significant amount of piano black hard plastic in the door handles, no evidence of creaking has manifested itself.

Dealer wise I have already stated my opinion of the service received, but no harm in mentioning again that I think Kia Aberdeen provide an infinitely better experience than Hyundai Aberdeen did.

Problems - as already noted on the forum, I have had the headlamp wash system and one reverse sensor replaced under warranty, I am currently experiencing an intermittent issue with a front sensor, but it only goes wonky when the temperature rises and in direct sunlight, so being in the UK, not an easy issue to replicate for the dealer to acknowledge!  A coiple of stone chips on the lacquer of the diamond cut wheels has resulted in the beginning of white worm as the piercing has allowed ingress of water, something I will bring up with the dealer at my next service, you never know I might be able to get some new alloys on the warranty.  I had my first puncture since before I owned the i30 this weekend, a screw attacking between the tread on the OSR wheel, plugged for £26.50 at my local tyre centre this morning.

Overall then as I take her into the second year of ownership, there is no restlessness, I have not even had the urge to look at any local dealers stocks, although I did see a lovely Optima the other day and even Kim mentioned how good it looked!

Rating 9.5/10.  If you are looking to change then don't discount Kia, particularly in the UK where I think the options available are more varied and perhaps even better value for money.

To finish off here are a couple of pics of her after todays clean and polish, that is what I like about her, a joy to look at, a joy to drive and even a joy to spend some hours on pampering!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Still looks like a newie...  :judges:

I wish I had the energy to keep mine looking like that....  :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :whsaid:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
That right hand rear tyre looks unroaded.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
All tyres are still original Trev, 7mm on the back and 6mm left on the fronts.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looking good Brian!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal