i30 Owners Club

Headlights for i30 (2013) (switch from Europe to UK)

Omni · 48 · 16893

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Looks like we all have different part No's, I've just checked mine and its different from eye30 and baradeur

O/S = R009H4 02GP gD 92102 A6010 H4R    on the top of the unit there is some numbers and arrows ------> <-------   :confused:
N/S = L009H4 02FS gD  92101  ????? H4L  diagnostic bracket in the way

I should of said about the defussers on the old round lights, projector lights weren't invented back then, we're showing our age  :rolleyes:

What does the GD stand for I've heard it mentioned on here, baradeur I presume FD is five door?

• 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

What does the GD stand for I've heard it mentioned on here, baradeur I presume FD is five door?

FD is the series 1 shape.. Late 2007 - Late 2012

GD is the Series 2 Shape .. Late 2012? - present..

As per gallery photos on here (split into two sections)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire

FD is the series 1 shape.. Late 2007 - Late 2012

GD is the Series 2 Shape .. Late 2012? - present..

As per gallery photos on here (split into two sections)  :goodjob:

cheers mate
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Omni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Woking, Surrey
Well all thank you again for your help, it's been interesting learning about this and getting to hear other people opinions.

I'm just going to order a new set of headlamps and have them fitted and register the car and get this mess out of the way. I'll let you know how the fitting goes (also changing the cluster).

Cheers
  • 2013 i30 1.6 CRDi Aqua Blue

Offline bigwhitetruck1

• 2nd Gear
Pretty sure the gd has a flat beam patern so wouldn't need swapping

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Pretty sure the gd has a flat beam patern so wouldn't need swapping

EU regulations require an asymmetric dip pattern and all headlamps  have the dip direction(s) marked.

Conversion to remove, temporarily, the asymmetric flare or to convert fully the dip direction is possible on some cars by moving a lever.

Offline bigwhitetruck1

• 2nd Gear
My dodge has a flat beam and passes mot evey year never had the light swapped out

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My dodge has a flat beam and passes mot evey year never had the light swapped out

You don't show your location nor a vehicle plate (tag) in the photo.

I suspect it is fitted with US headlamps which have a different dipping arrangement to European cars..

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer

You don't show your location nor a vehicle plate (tag) in the photo.

I suspect it is fitted with US headlamps which have a different dipping arrangement to European cars..

It wouldn't matter. Any imported vehicle must  meet with local regulations so if it were needed the headlights would be changed. If they meet regulations then no need to change. My Dodge Caliber had normal American spec headlights and they were compliment for mainland Europe. When i came over for a visit i was supposed to cover the right-hand headlight with a sticker, but it didn't seem to make any difference, just as my i30
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline Omni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Woking, Surrey
You are very much right.

Just to update all of you, I went to the garage today to fit the cluster (it's there, mph woot woot). They also check the headlamps and the car and, surprise surprise, the GD has flat beams, no dipping whatsoever.

All left to do is paperwork and the car should have it's plates in no time.

Thank you all for weighing in on the matter and for helping me navigating the weird world of headlamp dipping :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :victory: :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

They also check the headlamps and the car and, surprise surprise, the GD has flat beams, no dipping whatsoever.

That is surprising.  If the original headlamps had asymmetric dip to the right why do the replacement lamps not dip to the left as they are a straight exchange?

Are they HID lamps and if so, is there a lever to create a temporary  flat dip for continental driving?

Any UK GD owners confirm their car has flat top (horizontal) dipping please?

Offline Omni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Woking, Surrey

They also check the headlamps and the car and, surprise surprise, the GD has flat beams, no dipping whatsoever.

That is surprising.  If the original headlamps had asymmetric dip to the right why do the replacement lamps not dip to the left as they are a straight exchange?

Are they HID lamps and if so, is there a lever to create a temporary  flat dip for continental driving?

I'm not sure I follow, but the lamps on my GD were never changed. They are flat by factory default. Lamps are halogen IIRC.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I'm not sure I follow, but the lamps on my GD were never changed. They are flat by factory default. Lamps are halogen IIRC.

Sorry, I read your earlier post as you having changed the dash panel and lamps.  I now realise that you have discovered that the original lamps are straight dip so do not need changing.

I remain surprised! The FD  has asymmetric dipping.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal