i30 Owners Club

Replacement Gear Knob

Offline MattT87

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Hi Guys

I recently bought a '57 i30 Style and knew at the time that part of the gear knob (the part with the gear directions on) was missing. Where is the best place to source a replacement? I have seen, what looks like an OEM replacement, on eBay but it's shipped from South Korea so the postage is pretty expensive. Any advice welcome. I am really impressed with the i30 in the 2 weeks that I've had it. I can definitely say that my next car will be another Hyundai  :goodjob2:

Matt
  • Hyundai i30 Style 2007

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Can't help you but for info, I believe it's illegal to drive a manual car in Oz, without the gear pattern on the knob. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline MattT87

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Thanks Phil, I don't believe it's a requirement in the UK. It would have a failed MOT as it wouldn't be roadworthy if it were a legal requirement.

Matt
  • Hyundai i30 Style 2007

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Thanks Phil, I don't believe it's a requirement in the UK. It would have a failed MOT as it wouldn't be roadworthy if it were a legal requirement.

Matt

so have you just got the stick with no top?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Can't help you but for info, I believe it's illegal to drive a manual car in Oz, without the gear pattern on the knob. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lot of truckers out there breaking the law then,none of the trucks I've driven have gear patterns on them  :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Matt

so have you just got the stick with no top?

Not required for auto's.  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline MattT87

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Hi Matt

What style is the gearknob? There seems to be quite a few listed in various places, at various prices...

:link: Genuine OEM Manual Black Gear Shift Knob 1P For 07 08 09 10 11 Hyundai i30 | eBay

:link: Original Handle Gear Shift Knob for Hyundai Elantra I30 Kia Soul Forte MT 92800 4V100, 43711 2H200-in Gear Shift Knob from Automobiles & Motorcycles on

Thanks Shambles

That top one is the direct replacement. Should have widened my search away from ebay.co.uk!

Just out a curiosity, has anyone put a different gear knob on? Just wondering whether to go for the direct replacement or see if there is anything cooler out there.....

Matt
  • Hyundai i30 Style 2007

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal