i30 Owners Club

i30 CRDi Engine Oil

mrhammy · 40 · 44157

Offline DeathRattle

• 2nd Gear
Wait, no no, no probs here.
I just love the expensive things in life.
Example, i have various tools, there are stahlwille.
extremely over the top, completely out of most peoples reach or even imagination as to cost.
But im in a position where i can sorta afford them (cant justify them though)

theres a saying, Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

I like spending money, and i've had too many cheap things break when i needed them....

I'm sure mobil are purely just price gouging, but people pay it......

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I have not had a problem buying filters, mine is April 08 build, i give them my rego papers and the parts guy goes and gets the filter.  never had a problem now ready for my 45,000k service will get one this week.
all i could think of when i saw the earlier filter is larger , they might be trying to raise oil pressure, if you put a smaller filter that can raise oil pressure, BUT it will need changine slighty more as can be slightly more restrictive with less volume . but would not be that dramatic to worry about.
mobile oil is american so well marketed, in USA they think it's cheap, price Redline oil that cost me $150 for 4L's but i don't use it in the i30 i use same as Daz and change it every 7,000k, the service guy i use wants me to switch to ELF, i think ELF & Redline are the only two syntetic oil's i have personally seen work better as i have inspected motors that run on them in extream condition's.
i've never used Mobile so could not say.
but my friend that builds a lot of different motors and dyno's, also pulls motors down and rebuilds for special aplication's has been saying good things about Castrol Oil and he normaly does not talk that much about oil's

Offline DeathRattle

• 2nd Gear
Well, all sorted.
Went back today and yes they had the right numbers on paper (2a001)
But picked the wrong one of the shelf (3c001)
Swapped it over.
I didn't worry originally as i thought it might be a change in numbering.

This is VERY common in my work.
Order one number, get the right part but with a totally different number.
Real pain sometimes.......

As for oils, i guess all top shelf oil's will perform very similarly.

Offline jason117

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Mum says I'm special...Newcastle NSW
    • Flickr Photos

Hi everyone,
I bought an oil filter the other day for my '09 crdi ( 26320-2a500 ) but I purchased it from a Kia dealer, not Hyundai. The filter is the same in every way, as you'd expect with the same part number, but instead of paying $33.00 it came it at $21. Yeah it's only a $12 saving but every little bit counts eh?
I enquired about the 26320-2a002 for the early build i30's but found the pricing to be within a few cents, so no savings to be had there.   :'(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's interesting Jason...My early model i30 (Feb 2008 build) uses 26320 2A001 at around A$21 from Hyundai...

I am getting prices from some Melbourne Hyundai Dealers for Fuel and Oil filters because the Tassie dealers want $142 for the fuel filter  :eek: :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jason117

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Flickr Photos
Dazza,
Once you get your quote from the Melbounre dealer, you may wish to try a Kia dealer for the fuel filter for a price comparison. They will need the Hyundai part number to be sure of correct fitment. The oil filter I mentioned was to fit a Kia Soul, which I think runs the U2 motor so the fuel filter may be different but it's worth a go, especially because you're so tight with your cash..... :twisted:
j/k
Jase

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
When one has made the wise choice to buy an i30 one continues to expect similar good value for money for all ones other purchases  :mrgreen:

I must be tight too  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My parents bought me up to be very frugal (and I'm having trouble losing the habit) although I do lash out with the odd car and gadget... :mrgreen:

Thanks Jason..I may try the kia dealer... :wink:

P.S. If you save me some money.. I might think you are a bit special too... :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
im not a tight a$$ or shy to cash,but im always looking for a bargain. why not.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline jason117

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Flickr Photos

P.S. If you save me some money.. I might think you are a bit special too... :lol:

Thanks Dazz, but only a "bit" special? Geez, tough crowd.

Jase

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal