i30 Owners Club

Cars first service at 20000 miles.

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
I'm putting my car in for its 1st full service on Thursday, it's the i30 1.6 CRDI Blue Drive. What will a 20000 mile service include and how long should it take roughly. The garage have told me it will be approximately 1.5 hours which seems quite quick to me. Thanks guys.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
See post 19.

This was for my 1.4 petrol but would assume similar.
May also have fuel filter changed.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=36393.0
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Bubbacpt
I'm putting my car in for its 1st full service on Thursday, it's the i30 1.6 CRDI Blue Drive. What will a 20000 mile service include ...

I can tell you on Wednesday night, as mine goes in for its first (20k miles) service that day.

My quoted cost was £207
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Looking forward to what they going to do on your car plz post on here if you don't mind thanks mate.
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Thanks guys, I've taken out a personal service plan for my car with my local Hyundai dealer as I bought a used car with 13,000 miles on the clock I couldn't take the Hyundai service plan. I'm only paying £13.52 per month which totals £162.24 annually, and covers the 2 years/20,000 mile full services for as long as I keep the car.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Wonder if original buyer bought plan which if they did may be transferable.

May be worth asking if not already done/checked
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks guys, I've taken out a personal service plan for my car with my local Hyundai dealer as I bought a used car with 13,000 miles on the clock I couldn't take the Hyundai service plan. I'm only paying £13.52 per month which totals £162.24 annually, and covers the 2 years/20,000 mile full services for as long as I keep the car.
Hello mate what do you mean by personal service plan is that a plan to service your car for as long as you keep the car even after the 5 years warranty and you just pay 13 something per month then you don't have to pay every time u take your car at the dealer for servicing ?
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Yes Raid, it's a personal service plan provided by my local Hyundai dealer through a company called EMac. I'm scheduled to have my car fully serviced every 18 months based on my annual mileage of 14,000 miles at a cost of £13.52 a month over 18 months is £243.86 which I pay direct debit. That price is inflation proof for 2 years and the policy can be cancelled with 1 months notice. I much prefer this way as I don't notice it the same as having to pay in a lump sum.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I did look at a service plan with my car but I found too many negative reports on the internet about the way Emac charge, deduct admin fees you have not need been told about and refuse to give refunds if for any reason you move out of the area and need to swap to a new dealer - or change your car etc.  In my case I didn't plan to keep the car for more than 2 years so there was no merit in a service plan - but those who will keep a car for a long period need to look at the costs carefully and compare them with any dealer provided service plan that may be available. If there is any possibility of moving home a long distance away or swapping cars early - be very careful.

I am sure you looked into all this before signing up and know how to avoid any pitfalls. :goodjob:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal