i30 Owners Club

i30 airconditioning

Offline Tourer_Guy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, Australia
Hi All,

Just a quick post to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at the performance of the airconditioning in my i30 wagon.  We have had some very hot weather recently (yesterday was 39 degrees C) and yet the aircon doesn't seem to struggle at all, even with the fan on only 1 or 2.  I'd have to say this is a the best car aircon I've ever had, markedly superior to my old WRX and even my V8 Berlina.  My wife's car has aircon that blows cold air out, but doesn't really seem to cool the cabin much.

Cheers.
  • GD i30 Active Tourer CRDi

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Yeah, even on the hottest days, i only keep the ac on 1 or 2. Otherwise im complaining that its too cold. Lol
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I prefer the climate control in Bruce(being the up market model of that year)but even the aircon in Cyril,the poverty pack of the same year,I rarely have to have the aircon fan on higher than 1,even having the Aircon on all the time doesn't seem to alter the fuel consumption that much,maybe 0.1 of a litre(well at least on both my diesels)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi All,

Just a quick post to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at the performance of the airconditioning in my i30 wagon.  We have had some very hot weather recently (yesterday was 39 degrees C) and yet the aircon doesn't seem to struggle at all, even with the fan on only 1 or 2.  I'd have to say this is a the best car aircon I've ever had, markedly superior to my old WRX and even my V8 Berlina.  My wife's car has aircon that blows cold air out, but doesn't really seem to cool the cabin much.

Cheers.

Yeah, i30 and my Hybrid Air Con seems better than the Holden one (in my Calais) Sufficient but not icy!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Tourer_Guy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, Australia
Your hybrid is a toyota, yeah?  Modern toyotas are known for having muscular aircon.  I had a Camry rental car a last year in Queensland and the aircon was excellent.  It was one of the new 2.5l models and was very good.  If they came in manual I'd probably have one in the garage right now.
  • GD i30 Active Tourer CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Your hybrid is a toyota, yeah?  Modern toyotas are known for having muscular aircon.  I had a Camry rental car a last year in Queensland and the aircon was excellent.  It was one of the new 2.5l models and was very good.  If they came in manual I'd probably have one in the garage right now.

Yeah, I was impressed with an Altise we scored as a renter (Our Hybdrid was probably 20 % better than that though in features and performance) Most things worked great.. Felt a little bit lightly built after the 2010 model we had though (and I wanted more goodies and style - which I have in the new car) But drive train wise it was awesome!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've had my i30 for about 15 months now and I'm still yet to use the aircon, we've had no hot weather :Pout: might get a chance tomorrow though as it's supposed to be 36 :cool:

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
No hot weather in WA?  :eek:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nope! it's been very mild.

Hope it is mild in January if I come over!  :sweating:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The hot days are getting less and less every year so you might have a good chance Dazz, not like when I was younger and we always had 2-3 weeks of 35 to 42 degree days and occasionally there were a few days that went a little over that.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
And they say there's global warming..... :rolleyes:

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
It's definitely the best AC I have ever used in a car.  Disposes of 40 degree days within a few minutes and fan (climate control) settles back to 2 speed within a few minutes.  I also love how the "Auto" button actually switches off the AC and only uses the fan speed depending when the outdoor temp drops.  i30's have 5 STAR AC!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have to agree. The system in mine is the best of any car I've ever driven, let alone owned. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Nope! it's been very mild.

:rofl: not sure which alternate universe your in,15 months,where were you last summer I can remember at least a week of over 38c last summer  :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There was only a few 38 or more degree days last summer Rick and even if it were a week that is far less than the 2 or 3 weeks of hot days we used to get.

I'm also very much used to the heat in Mt Magnet so it never feels hot to me here in Perth, usually 40 plus before I'll even go for a swim.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
We can only dream of 40 degrees  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:....

but, we had a couple of 38's last year and my AC was magnificent  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If you had a 40 degree day over there asa everyone would be passing out in the streets without air-conditioning :faint:

I think the hottest I've had here in Perth was 46 one year and the hottest I've experienced in Mt Magnet was 54.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Asa was quoting our temps in Fahrenheit  :undecided:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
3 degrees Celsius would be a nice winters day :D

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
3 degrees Celsius would be a nice winters day :D

Come over here, man  :cool:

We have nice mild weather now, only had 2 night with frost so far, and 5-10ºC during the day. The A/C is on allmost all winter because the weather is very humid and then the windows mist up. The A/C have very good dehumidifying effect as well.. :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort

We have nice mild weather now, only had 2 night with frost so far, and 5-10ºC during the day. The A/C is on allmost all winter because the weather is very humid and then the windows mist up. The A/C have very good dehumidifying effect as well.. :goodjob2:

That's the main function of my A/C really, it gets used a lot during the cooler months to clear the windscreen - and does it very quickly as well. :)

Probably gets used in summer on about 20 days, I don't like temperatures over 28 very much.

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
Mine's on full time, from the moment the car is started until turned off.
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal