Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
So i'll run 98 in my Snow

i'm curious if any particular station is better than another by a long reach in quality, or is any 98 pretty similar?

i usually go to Caltex as a) coupons and b) easiest location and c) its often cheaper to begin with. however i have a feeling some may say BP?? but BP is the farthest to get to and by far the most expensive and it would have to be like 98 royalty for me to use it
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
For the first 8 or so years of my Quad Cam V6 Camry's life, I ran Shell Optimax in it exclusively.  Swore by it.
Then they replaced it with something else (V-Power?)... and I was "shell" shocked.

I now use whichever premium unleaded (95 or 98) is available when the tank gets low.
Can't say I have noticed a difference.  Unless I have to fill it with regular unleaded (small town !)... U can certainly tell then !

Offline karhung

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Caroline Springs
Ive try BP, Shall and Mobil.

Thy all very similer. BP provides more KMS but Shall's v-power is more cleaner. And Mobil sorry but i didnt like it at all.

I also find BP had i little more power then v-power.

Overall I use BP most of the time. V-power Second choose.

Offline Jon

• 2nd Gear
Caltex or Shell 91 for me, depending on whether Woolies or Coles has the better specials that week :P

Is the 98 really worth the super-inflated price?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
95 and 98 isn't just higher in octane levels it also has an injector cleaner in it.you also could say its like the difference between a $20 bottle of scotch and a $30 bottle.the difference is huge.once you've tried premium unleaded you'll know what we mean. [dont drink petrol or put scotch in your car  :lol:]
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I always use V-power, I find it gives me the best driveability and economy. Worth every cent compared to regular.

I can only use Caltex and Shell because I have fuel cards, but I do find that Vortex 98 doesn't seem to get me as far between fills...

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have put Vortex 98 (Caltex) all but two or three times when I couldn't get Vortex. Mainly it's closer, but I honestly don't think it's any different. Mobil is a bit dodgy sometimes, but much and much the same.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
thanks guys, looks like i'll stick mostly to Caltex then with the odd Shell or BP if in a different area

never been a Mobil fan much either with the unleaded - not my local one anyway

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I remember a few years ago I was running 98 in my Getz, and Mobil and Caltex didn't have 98. Do they get their supplies from the same source?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
in Victoria it comes from a massive depot in altona,so id assume its all the same stuff. :exclaim: :rolleyes:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
you can have problems with the local tanks though ...?
with the local council (i work for them so hear a bit about fuel supply etc for the workers vehicles)
theres three main areas they can fill up at and one of them refuse to use much as apparently it has water in it. there's on going debate as to whether it does and has something to do with the fact that as its used less it gets a condensation build up, so really its a vicious circle.
anyway nearly everyone who does use it swears they get a lousy tank of fuel from it.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :eek:water isnt good in ya tank

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal