i30 Owners Club

were is fuel filter on petrol i30?

Lakes · 5 · 7881

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi all, well was talking to a friend about different cars & servicing them. he had to service a Subaru about 07 vintage.
the fuel filter on that was located inside the fuel tank in with the fuel pump. big job to replace, so service charges high.
this all comes about due to the fact it makes it easier to essemble the car so lowers build costs, but raises service cost's. makes me think Subaru said they don't mind taking your money but don't like to have to spend more themself.

When i buy a new car i first lift the hood & then look were everything is located to make sure it is all easy & straight forward to service. the i30 CRDi is very easy oil filter up high @ front of motor simple easy to get at. air cleaner simple easy to get at to change. fuel filter looks more difficult but is simple & easy to change when you know how.

as i never looked at a Petrol i30 i don't know where oil filter & fuel filter is located?

also slightly off topic, but a guy i know who has never owned a diesel said he was told if you don't drive them much & don't use much diesel fuel, algae can start growing in the tank. he said he was told by a friend that owns diesel Trucks, that if one is not used much he puts 1 liter of petrol in with the diesel to stop algae growth.
\i've heard of algae but never experienced it. we have a 4 1/2 ton truck that hardly gets used at all, it is diesel. it's 13 years old only has 50,000k up but runs perfect always starts & runs ok, but gets serviced by a big truck fleet service co. but never had algae preoblem.
cheers

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

There it is - part number 31910  and there is also filter-pump 31090B

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

And here is a location of oil filter
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks Meehalych, the oilo filter is well possitioned as will always be full of oil after standing, with the CRDi oil filter being up the top @ front & very easy to reach, it will most likely drain oil out while standing then re fill on start up.
i would much rather service the diesel myself as chain drive cam's not belt drive. but belt drive has its good points the main good point is it does nbot transmit harmonic's. but @ the revs the diesel run at thats not a problem. but could be in the higher reving petrol, so good they have the timing belt to drive the cams.
that is bad news about fuel filter as i think will have to take a plate out the floor under rear seat will have to try not to spill petrol as it comes out. & clean the floor really well so dirt & dust don't get in when plate comes up. that would be around 50,000k 60,000k service i would expect.
now i know they could not have sold me a petrol as if they can't show me the fuel filter & oil filter in easy to reach spot no sale!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal