i30 Owners Club

My radio played music via usb and now it dont!

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
probably but its easier to get the itunes to sync up and put what you want in their own playlist etc
  • i30 Comfort 2010 crdi 1.6 auto in Silver

Offline REDNUT

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
yeah i might wait till work gives me a iphone

ive got a older usb stick that works, dont really want itunes on my computer untill i cant avoid it
  • I30cw

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
i was the same, not a fan of apple at all, but i couldnt be arsed faffing around with this stick and that one etc. so bit the bullet. it was a used ipod so the cost was minimal. now i use the stick for boosting the ram on my notebook instead, so just a slight change of direction and a little upgrade. sweet!

Offline tris

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Same issues here as well. I have been using the same usb stick (Imation 16gb usb2.0) for 3 months then one morning...poof it comes up with an error saying "Media Error" I'm guessing its a firmware issue because I can only use one out of 4 flash usb sticks i currently own and the one that works is my 6 year old, 2gb usb, cheap brand, flash usb stick.

I might head into a service department this weekend or the next to sort this out. I'll keep you posted

• 2012 Hyper Silver 1.8 Premium Auto

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
cheers dude, much appreciated. i never got any luck so switched to ipod for the natural doacking lead that came with the car. no probs since, but its annoyed me not knowing

:agoodidea:

Offline tris

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Well I took the car to the dealership last weekend and after an hour wait they came back to me with a response: "mate we had tried re-booting it back to default settings. we had tried several other usb, and I think that your unit needs to be replaced. It will be a four month wait"

After listening to his findings I told him that I had just goggled on how we can solve my problems.

As I had read on a forum apparently all music files must be within a folder named 'MUSIC' (this folder name is case sensitive and must appear in all capital letters) Once the MUSIC folder ha been created, you can store as many songs as you want.

I had tried and tested this on multiple flash usb storage sizes and they work flawlessly. This solution may be nothing new to everyone so I apologize in repeating it again  :D
  • 2012 Hyper Silver 1.8 Premium Auto

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
 :brilliant: u my good man are awesome. how is it that some dopey dealership wants to replace the whole thing, which would be warranty supplied in my case, and dont know this little gem of information. Jesus H Christ!!!

Nice one dude, Kudos to you in bundles  :thanx:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Why isn't that information in the handbook.  :Shocked:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
u would think it would be a standard thing. i wonder if i can claim back the outlay of £50 on an ipod... :blubber:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal