Crdi Exhaust Versus Petrol Exhaust

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the Diesel and Petrol Exhausts are the same from the Cat back?

One of our members pointed out to me it might be easier to sell my 2.0 inch after market exhaust if it also fitted the petrol model.

If so I feel they would probably get more performance gain as the Turbo causes a fair bit of back pressure in the diesel exhaust system before it gets to my mod the way I see it....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Darryl, looking at the Korean photos, it looks like the diesel and petrol exhaust are the same. (Possibly differently chambered inside the rear muffler)

Have a close look at the photos. I believe by looking at them that the diesel exhaust (Cat back) will fit a petrol i30.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Dazz, i'm not sure but just thought i would point out, it would be a lot louder on a petrol model as the turbo also muffles a lot of noise. also from experience would not see a great gain in HP maybe a gain in  economy, and a loss in low end Torque. on a petrol model extractors show the best gain.
but on another note since i got back from my trip out west this past weekend i have noticed i used more fuel than i was useing driving fast with the same type exhast as you are selling, i think there is a ecomony gain with that pipe, but i have the stock system on now. i'm not selling my pipe.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks guys.. That's what I thought (I'm not too stressed if I sell or not... haven't found a cheap way of freighting it to the mainland yet anyway)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Lakes, are you also noticing that you're using more fuel with the stock exhaust fitted?

I'm still getting the overboost issue, yet Hyundai are adamant it's turbo lag!  :roll:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal