i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1170843

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Thanks @The Gonz, it was great to meet you and Elena and both Sue and I really enjoyed the morning with you guys and Craig & Kamini, John (Neptune), and Rick & Sue.
I know that when visiting, time can be limited but if the opportunity arises we'd love to catch up again before you leave.
Besides, you haven't been in a four door i30 yet.   :D
We felt completely at home with both of you and thoroughly enjoyed your company and I know that Sue felt the same.   :hatoff:    :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:52:12 by Doggie 1 »
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Zip it, Jamie. No derogatories about the West, thank you. My large flat white was a tidy $4, mate. :lol:

We also felt a very comfortable kinship with all of you that goes far beyond sharing a car forum.

we do regret not snapping a shot of  @Just Rick with his attack dog before he and Sue left but we did manage this:  :happydance:

"ns"
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Very nice day indeed, breakfast was great and was a pleasure to meet/catch up with some of the i30 crew and their partners and put faces to all these forum names as their all a great bunch of people :)

Gonz and Elena, you were great company and driving companions throughout the day :DoubleKiss:  on our Leyland brothers tour of the city, looking forward to catching up with you again during your stay here :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I did see Rick taking a pic at one stage, so although he won't be in it, there is further photographic evidence of an Indonesian/West Australian meeting having taken place.   ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great to have a photo of most of you. Being a nice person seems to be a prerequisite for owning an i30 from my experience.  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Nice mugshots, guys :goodjob2:

+ Hippo should be getting new tyres this week as the current TZ200's on the rear...let's just say that if a mosquito were to bite it I would be in trouble :rofl:
- Tyre prices have increased exponentially since last year so I am looking at a fair share of my salary, but it has to be done :sweating:
- Hippo also decided to blow the right hand side headlamp yesterday. This after it blew the left side one not even a month ago. I hope this isn't going to become a trend :rolleyes:
- She is also still dripping gearbox oil every now and then, so I am going to fill her up today after work. I should actually just have the leak seen to but the cashflow right now doesn't allow for it
- Is it Friday yet?
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

- Hippo also decided to blow the right hand side headlamp yesterday. This after it blew the left side one not even a month ago. I hope this isn't going to become a trend :rolleyes:

It is not unusual for them to go fairly close together. They have a finite life and have obviously done the same amount of work.  :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ completed 14,7km running exercise today  :)
+ my weight has dropped back to 75- kg (it was 81kg when I started running in July).  :happydance:
- running shoes for a fall/winter season costs a fortune (the ones with gore-tex)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

It is not unusual for them to go fairly close together. They have a finite life and have obviously done the same amount of work.  :goodjob:
Well, funny story actually:

June 2014 - Bought the car in
July 2014 - Put HID kit in, retired the Halogen bulbs to storage
August 2016 - retired the HID kit, put in the Halogens that I had in storage
August 2016 - Left side bulb blew, replaced
Sept 2016 - Right side bulb blew, replaced
Sept 2016, the same day! Left side bulb blew again

So now I STILL sit with only one headlight at the end of it all as another one gave up the ghost today :rolleyes:

Today was actually a runaround of note, now that I think of it...

- Get home and realise you don't own a 17mm spanner to undo the gearbox fill cap = trip to the hardware store
+ While you are there, spot a 2 stroke petrol chainsaw on special and remember that your father needs one - send a snap of the special to him via Whatsapp
- Get home only to realise the actual reason you went to the hardware store is to get rubber tubing to fill the gearbox up with = off to the hardware store
- Get home and receive a call from your father telling you to buy the chainsaw as it's the last one in stock = trip to the hardware store
------ Get home and battle gale force winds, realise the tubing you bought doesn't fit inside the filler hole, mess gearbox oil all over the driveway and your car engine bay, cut yourself numerous times on the sharp edges of the engine components, discover the other headlight bulb also does not work, attempt to blow the oil into the gearbox with your lips, splash oil all over your mouth and face and car....this went on for a good half hour.
+ Job's done, go inside and relax with a very very well deserved beer :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 17:36:12 by wabbit16 »

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I wonder how  common is the knowledge that halogen bulbs should not be touched by fingers. The minutest trace of contamination from skin oils, etc will create uneven hot spots on the glass that will either shatter it or overheat the filament. :-[

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I only touch mine by the metal bit and the contacts, but what happens to it during production and packing is another story...in any case, I have 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean it up if I do happen to touch it :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wow, that's a  tale and a half Phil...

Great work Misha!

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I should write a book...I'm sure it would sell alright :lol:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

+  one month closer to the spring  :)
- still 5 months left to live out
- got a rear wheel punctured recently
- my Orient watch seems to start falling apart - two maintenance shop visits within a month

Any ideas of a possible replacements, lads?)  (I own Casio Edifice too; need a mechanical watch with sapphire glass and automatic winding)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Not sure if its good or not, but I got 54.71l of Diesel into the 53l tank, first click, no brimming shenenigans. Tomorrow its time for service again.

I once had a watch, when I was 7 years old, then the battery ran out and I never had another one since. Yet I somehow still manage to keep better track of time than my watch wielding friends. I do get the entire jewelry thing, I just never was one for adornments. :P

• Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hey Doggie!  :clapping:

+++++ Got an early Chrissie pressie for ya (I think you're just the candidate according to the forum population) :D

:whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
+ came yesterday early enough to have lunch with Mrs G and quietly gave her a kiss hello
- she seemed cold and didn't acknowledge me, then said "Don't you say hello when you come home?"  :Ouch:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
+ came yesterday early enough to have lunch with Mrs G and quietly gave her a kiss hello
- she seemed cold and didn't acknowledge me, then said "Don't you say hello when you come home?"  :Ouch:
Did you check the wardrobe?  :eek:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :lol: :eek:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

- caught a cold, damn
+ bought a pair of Reebok running shoes with Gore-Tex, cheaper than on the official site)
- no chance to test it before next week

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Today was the first day it was dark all the drive to work, plenty of hi beam exersize... 6 months to go until I can see the sun rising before work. Still get to see the sunset for a few more weeks.

Time to get winter bulbs me thinks. Philips this time I think.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I remember driving a rental car in Aarhus like that, like another world! :scared:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Winter is approaching for sure. Yesterday I rode 250 km by motorcycle in chilly +6... didn't get sweaty! However I didn't get cold either, only some goosebumps but with good Gore-Tex clothes and grip heaters it was bearable. Tomorrow I will drive it to the winter storage.

At last week I already had to use ice scraper twice, and got few visible scratches into the windshield because it was dirty and dusty.  :head_knock: Changing into the winter tyres will not be very far away from now, possibly at next week.
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I remember driving a rental car in Aarhus like that, like another world! :scared:
...... our house   must be a big place

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
...... our house   must be a big place

No it's not. Aarhus is the 2. biggest city in Denmark with a population of ca 250,000   :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal