i30 Owners Club

i30 Elite B-Pillar Trim Replacement

ssaini · 28 · 7758

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
Hi Guys I cannot seem to find any information on the OEM  B-pillar trim replacement for i30. I have uploaded the picture as well.
  Does anyone know if this is an expensive repair?
  How much cost I am looking at?
  Any suggestions for repair vs replace?

Thanks.
  • Hyundai i30 Elite 1.8 GD Manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What actually happened? If you host a much bigger picture on Imgur or Photobucket or similar hosting site as per instructions in Welcome section, we will be able to see better. You should still have warranty so i assume accidental damage. Either way i would get a no obligation quote from your local Dealer. Not  a common occurrence! 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
Thanks Mate. I'll try to upload a high resolution picture tomorrow. What happened was I opened the door and it hit the brick wall of the garage.
And some coarse bricks I guess really wanted to kiss the new bride passionately

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Mate. I'll try to upload a high resolution picture tomorrow. What happened was I opened the door and it hit the brick wall of the garage.

So that would be the door edge then, not the B pillar?  :confused:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

I've felt like that a few times, but I've never been called a brick.  :whistler:

Thick as, maybe.  :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
$20 bucks and its just a sticker. Simple.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:-[

Now I get it!  :head_butt: BIt hard to see in the photo.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Yeah had me stumped for a sec.

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC

So that would be the door edge then, not the B pillar?  :confused:

My sincere apologies for incorrectly using the "B-Pillar trim" Yes you are right..it is the door trim. I should stop drinking during the day : )

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
Thank you most kindly to all the members who took time to respond to my incorrect usage of the term B-Pillar... as pointed out by Dazzler... My sincere apologies...

In response to the suggestions like using sticker etc... sigh... I am still cursing myself for doing that and since it happened the very next day ... I was kind of heart broken b'cos of my stupidity... Got the delivery on Fri the 30 Oct... :(

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC

I've felt like that a few times, but I've never been called a brick.  :whistler:

Thick as, maybe.  :lol:
  lol good on ya..

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Don't worry it wears off......By year three.....Throw some kids into the equation and you won't want to disengage the door locks  :evil:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC

So if I take it to the dealer, they can change it ? Also, there is paint chipped off as well from where the sticker/trim was ripped by the coarse bricks.. Is it a good idea to get that area touched up to avoid corrosion in the future?

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

So if I take it to the dealer, they can change it ? Also, there is paint chipped off as well from where the sticker/trim was ripped by the coarse bricks.. Is it a good idea to get that area touched up to avoid corrosion in the future?

Yep dealer would be able to do it no worries. Probably allow an hour labour.

Although the new sticker will cover and seal the bare metal I would get it treated beforehand. And if repaired properly you wont see any chips through the sticker. However it would mean pulling the old sticker off and having it touched up then fitting the new sticker. Might be better off using a reputable panel & paint shop for the whole process.

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
I took the car to a reputed panel not paint shop as advised by cruiserfied and the guy at the shop strongly advised against putting a new sticker since the damage is hardly visible. He said it is very tough to get the new sticker right with no bubbles and it will not be worth the exercise and the Labor cost. He also said to touch up the area with black permanent marker.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just think of the money you saved!  :happydance: :victory:

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
Ha Ha Thanks Dazzler... But I am surprised that panel and paint work guy said that it is almost...impossible to put that sticker flawlessly.. I am really surprised. But I have decided not to touch that sticker now.. Money saved as well as I am over my Grief now lol. BUt one question I was going to ask you was : In your cars pictures, Hyundai i30 seem to have DRLs and you did mention in my other post that your bitter half's i30 is a base model...Are they after market DRLs?

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
oops Sorry for the typo..."Better Half" ... On may be I accidentally told the truth  :P

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I can help you here, ssaini.  :)

They are factory fitted...
The base model i30 hatch (which is built in South Korea) doesn't come with DRL's but, the base model i30 Tourer (which is what Daz's "bitter" half has and which is built in the Czech Republic) does...  :D

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
BULLSHIT!!!!

The stickers are precut to fit and if you prepare the surface well and apply with soapy water, as all stickers should be, you wont get any bubbles and shouldn't take more than an hour to remove prep and apply.

Touch up with PERMANENT MARKER? He's got to be kidding right, you did tell him its a 4 day old car right? Bloody moron.

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
BULLSHIT!!!!

The stickers are precut to fit and if you prepare the surface well and apply with soapy water, as all stickers should be, you wont get any bubbles and shouldn't take more than an hour to remove prep and apply.

Touch up with PERMANENT MARKER? He's got to be kidding right, you did tell him its a 4 day old car right? Bloody moron.

Yeah I did tell him that the car is brand new and 4 days old but the way he answered me did not instill confidence. This is the one I went to..
:link: Home - Barry James, Sebastopol, VIC

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have to agree with cruiserfied.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Your only 15hrs away, bring it up and ill do it on a weekend lol. And Ill only charge you a carton on the condition you share it with me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

BULLSHIT!!!!

Yeah I did tell him that the car is brand new and 4 days old but the way he answered me did not instill confidence. This is the one I went to..

If he has a website and 4 flash trucks he would be too expensive anyway!

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
Your only 15hrs away, bring it up and ill do it on a weekend lol. And Ill only charge you a carton on the condition you share it with me.

Thanks Mate. Very kind of you. I am glad that I joined this forum.. Kind of gives a feel of a small family..:-)

Offline ssaini

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat, VIC
BULLSHIT!!!!

Yeah you might be right b'cos he was not interested kind of snooty as well but I have decided to live with it.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
BULLSHIT!!!!

Yeah you might be right b'cos he was not interested kind of snooty as well but I have decided to live with it.

Being BMWs recommended repairer - Hyundais might be too 'lower class' for them...   :rolleyes:
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal