i30 Owners Club

Interim service

CraigB · 22 · 6511

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Put the toy in for a half yearly service today, Hyundai sent me a notice that petrol passenger vehicles are now $129 :needspecscleaning:

I took advantage of that offer quick smart as I'm sure the last interim service I was quoted was $260 :faint:, more expensive than the yearly full service at $219.

Anyhow! I wouldn't usually do the interim service but having done many runs on the dyno recently I thought I should treat her to a full belly of fresh Shell Ultra which Hyundai deducted of my quoted price and left me with a bill of $90 :happydance: and a clean car :happydance:

Everything is perfect at 27,000kms (two and a half years), still 85% left on the factory brake pads and all I was told she needs is new wiper blades...I don't see anything wrong with them so they can hold of till winter comes.

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Good to see they do proper servicing intervals over there. I'm not a huge fan of 2yr intervals. :confused:
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Good to see they do proper servicing intervals over there. I'm not a huge fan of 2yr intervals. :confused:

For my Uk plate 12, 1.4 petrol, it is an interim every 12 monthly if you do less tha 10,000 miles.

check out the service book for full T&C's
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Never hurts to get the interims done, except to the wallet.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like a  good move in your case Craig :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sounds like a  good move in your case Craig :goodjob:
Yep, if those prices persist I'd probably always do interims :)

A couple of guys at Hyundai I spoke to yesterday mentioned how they are struggling at the moment, the poor economy has forced Hyundai to radically drop their service costs just to keep some turnover happening plus they've dropped some major $ from their cars in the yard and are literally begging for trade in's.

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
Haven't been on the forum lately, but I'm sure Craig you were singing the praise of Royal Purple and Nulon, now Shell?
what's the reason for the change of heart?
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Haven't been on the forum lately, but I'm sure Craig you were singing the praise of Royal Purple and Nulon, now Shell?
what's the reason for the change of heart?
No change of heart, Royal and Nulon 0W-40 ( true group 4 PAO synthetics ) are still great oils as is Shell Ultra due to the new technology in how they make it and I can acquire the Ultra for considerably less $ via Blackwoods as they stock Shell products for the mining industry :) 

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
Put the toy in for a half yearly service today, Hyundai sent me a notice that petrol passenger vehicles are now $129
i got quoted $310 about 8 months ago For 6 month service.
Sounds like a bargain to me !
 :goodjob:
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think they originally quoted me the same last year, after I said that's ridiculous they dropped it there and then to $260 and I told the service manager that is still ridiculous :spitty: the same service manager is whom sent me the new invite for a $129 service :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Put the toy in for a half yearly service today, Hyundai sent me a notice that petrol passenger vehicles are now $129
Sounds like a bargain to me !
 :goodjob:

You've also got a "real" engine....a diesel!!  :whistler:  :lol:

Btw, what do they actually do for the interim service?
I would have thought it would be pretty much just an oil change...  :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Aside from just changing the oil and filter they checked all other fluids plus a full check over on - lights - wipers - brakes - exhaust - hoses - recalls and upgrades, they also replaced a few missing plastic push screws that were missing on mine and fixed the passenger seat where the front upholstery clip kept popping off and finished with a wash and vac :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:29:56 by CraigB »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Aside from just changing the oil and filter they checked all other fluids plus a full check over on - lights - wipers - brakes - exhaust - hoses - recalls and upgrades, they also replaced a few missing plastic push screws that were missing on mine and fixed the passenger seat where the front upholstery clip kept popping off and finished with a wash and vac :)

Mm.
I would have only paid $128.95 for that, I think.    :neutral:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Mm.
I would have only paid $128.95 for that, I think.    :neutral:
Cheap skate! :D

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

So pretty much stuff you can either do yourself or things they'll also do at the normal scheduled service...I think I'd save my money....but then, I'm nearly as tight with my money as Daz...  :D

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
....but then, I'm nearly as tight with my money as Daz...  :D

Not possible, Rusty!!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

So pretty much stuff you can either do yourself or things they'll also do at the normal scheduled service...I think I'd save my money....but then, I'm nearly as tight with my money as Daz...  :D
Most of the stuff can do yourself except the system analysis check over ( unless you have one in your garage :D ) which will also be done during annual services.

As I said earlier I wouldn't usually do the interims but they are worthwhile in the case of severe treatment like dyno's or towing, good to check over the full driveline so it's not as simple as just an oil change and at those prices I'm willing to pay someone to do it for piece of mind :) 

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I get a 6 month service done too, to be fair it is at the 15,000k interval.

What I hate is when you get the first service done and Hyundai put 7,500k on the service due sticker. This is clearly not the case, the service is due at 15k, you can choose to do one at 7,500k if you wish.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
At that price with own oil supplied even I would have considered it (in Craig's circumstances) :cool:

I  wouldn't bother doing my own on a car in warranty.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What I hate is when you get the first service done and Hyundai put 7,500k on the service due sticker. This is clearly not the case, the service is due at 15k, you can choose to do one at 7,500k if you wish.

That sort of thing sh*ts me too...With mine they do put the correct service k's on the sticker but only ever give me 6 months to do the 15,000k's.
Just last August I received notification by mail that my i30 was due for a service even though I'd only had it serviced earlier in the year...  :confused:

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
I  wouldn't bother doing my own on a car in warranty.  :undecided:

:goodjob2:
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal