i30 Owners Club

Interim car services?

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
I've got a personal service plan that covers full services at 20, 40, 60000 miles etc but should I pay for interim services at 30, 50, and 70000 miles. I30 1.6 crdi blue drive.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
If the scheduled service is 20,000 miles / 2 years, why go to the expense and inconvenience of an interim service? I wouldn't...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Do you not still need a dealer bodywork inspection every 12 months to maintain the anti perforation warranty ?

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
If the scheduled service is 20,000 miles / 2 years, why go to the expense and inconvenience of an interim service? I wouldn't...

:whsaid: ... unless you do a lot of heavy towing...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: AlanHo
Do you not still need a dealer bodywork inspection every 12 months to maintain the anti perforation warranty ?
You don't believe they actually carry out such an inspection, do you? I don't. Never had a tick in the box against that check, ever.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Depends on your annual mileage whether you require interim service.

Check your service book for details and t&c's re warranty
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Quote from: AlanHo
You don't believe they actually carry out such an inspection, do you? I don't. Never had a tick in the box against that check, ever.

Off course they do. Well, at least mine does, both the previous and the one I currently use. I know for sure cos I've allways been allowed to join the technician when he had the car in the workshop.  :mrgreen:

However, I don't see the need for those inspections. Warranty only covers rust coming from the inside and at the inspection you'll only be able to see rust on the outside, e.g from a stone chip not repaired. In case of rust all the way through the metal it will be easy to see if it started from inside or outside, as the rust will allways be larger on the side it started.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline liability

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I wouldn't want to go 20,000 miles (32,000kms) without changing the oil and oil filter.
  • Active X CRDi DCT

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
It always amazes me the distance schedule over there.
You can hear the difference before and after a service at 15000km. It just sounds nicer (probably all in my mind)

I say if you can afford interim services you should consider it. Its reasonably cheap insurance for after warranty time when you start getting 150000km+ and the bearings and bores etc are like new still.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
You can hear the difference before and after a service at 15000km. It just sounds nicer (probably all in my mind)

I agree with this.
They do sound and feel better.
However, I don't do the interim services as I do the kms so quickly.
The only interim I did was the 7500 km service, otherwise I use the best oil I can afford (the same for the life of the car) and do the 15,000 km services.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I agree with this.
They do sound and feel better.
Me too :goodjob2:

They definitely sound a little quieter after a service.

Even the best PAO oils ( Shell Ultra - Royal Purple - Nulon 0W-40 ) recommend 19,000km's max before changing oil.

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
How much UK pounds should a basic oil and filter change cost at the dealer? I was thinking about £100
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK

It's due at 12 months, 36 months and 60 months and can be done with the free annual health check. I had to specifically ask for this to be carried out and the relevant page of the service record was completed.

How much UK pounds should a basic oil and filter change cost at the dealer? I was thinking about £100

It's around £100 for an interim service. But why do it at a dealership? National Tyres will do it for under £50 (they have a £5 off voucher on their website too) and it has no effect on the warranty as long as the garage is VAT registered, the mechanics are qualified and equivalent quality parts are used. National uses Fuchs oil which is recommended in the i30 manual.

Mann (well known air/oil/cabin filter manufacturer) say they make the Hyundai branded filters so if you want absolute certainty regarding part quality, ask your garage to use a Mann oil filter as well as the oil recommended in the manual.

Or use this info to negotiate a better price from the dealership.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia
Which oil they put in your car?
  • i30 1.6 CRDi 66kW with DPF, made 2011. in Czech

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Best to refer to your owner manual. In my case it's Shell Helix Ultra Professional AG 5W-30 (fully synthetic).
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal