i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Australia: FAIL

Offline steve c

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Werribee, VIC
    • Hyundai i30 Active Diesel, 7-speed auto
Not a dealership gripe as such, but a national (Australia) distributorship one.

I tried to order an Active X Diesel auto (locally, the  mid-spec version) to be told (after a couple of days) that there is ONE diesel available – in Perth, and I'm on the Eastern seaboard – and that one is an Active, a model down.

Was told by the dealer that Hyundai would/could not say if that combo will EVER be available. Not even a promise to wait 3 months could elicit a guarantee that I would get a vehicle that I ordered off the Hyundai website.

I tried to call Hyundai Australia direct, only to be put on hold for five minutes, then to be promised that I would get a call back, 90 minutes later ...

Not good enough, Hyundai. Really poor management of stock and website, basically luring potential customers and hopefully selling them a model they really don't want

Not happy, Jan.

What the Hell are the national distributorship doing advertising daily on the TV and the 'net versions of the car which are not even available? Atrocious.
  • 2015 i30 Active X diesel auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc: Very frustrating. I think Australia is a bit at the mercy of Global Hyundai.

They seem to have supply issues with several models of i30 at different times. I am quite interested in an Elite Diesel Tourer, but they are also unavailable for an extended period.

Places closer to their two factories in Korea and Czechoslovakia seem to get stock first. No excuse for no call backs though.... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline steve c

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Werribee, VIC
    • Hyundai i30 Active Diesel, 7-speed auto
Thanks for the welcome. I ended up getting a basic metallic grey i30 Active diesel auto, but have decided to put some reasonably nice alloy wheels on it.

Looks half decent, but I really wanted the diesel, as much for the driving experience as the economy. Resale will be better down the track, but really, it was the extra torque of the diesel that I really wanted.

Happy camper in the end :-)
  • 2015 i30 Active X diesel auto

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
You'll be happy with that.   :goodjob:
I bought an Active diesel manual and put alloys on.
I waited and luckily one of the forum members upgraded his wheels and I bought his old ones.
The diesel and 6 speed auto are a nice combination.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal