i30 Owners Club

Steering Wheel Controls

Offline omagnon

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi All

i have the 2012 i30 1.6 model. On my steering wheel i can set cruise control the the radio channel and control the sound. I wondering whether there is a way that i can skip music tracks when using spotify through bluetooth or when using any other bluetooth device to play music?
  • i30 1.6 12 plate

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Can't be too sure - being the headunits fitted in AU tend to be different to those elsewhere - however P4-140 (approx) - Audio System - onward of your user manual may be useful.

Working on the basis you are using spotify on your mobile device then streaming audio via BT (rather than the head-unit supporting it and requiring mobile for data only).   So more specifically P4-175 (approx) Bluetooth Wireless Technology AUDIO probably applies - however it doesn't actually cover individual use too much.   But has a note saying along the lines... some phones won't support some functions.  Which implies you should be able to use the last/next - but it could depend on your phone... I have noticed though that it can be a bit slow in doing so with my head-unit - button needs to be a definite press and then a wait of a second or two before track change.

On the basis that the last/next are simply indicated key-presses to do an action as part of the BT audio profile, so once on the mobile device shouldn't be treated any different to other key presses - I can't see why it wouldn't work with any media played on the mobile device (assuming the device itself accepted/knew what to do with them).
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal