i30 Owners Club

i30 RECALL

Offline blakeclayton12

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
not sure what section to put this or if it has been put up already but
:link: Almost 40,000 Hyundai i30s Are Being Recalled To Fix Stability Control | Gizmodo Australia

it appears over 40, 000 i30's are being recalled
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2015

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
not sure what section to put this or if it has been put up already but
:link: Almost 40,000 Hyundai i30s Are Being Recalled To Fix Stability Control | Gizmodo Australia

it appears over 40, 000 i30's are being recalled

Thanks for that, Blake... :goodjob:

Thankfully it looks like mine is okay...

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Is this the same problem that was featured on u tube with a test driver.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline toddl3y

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      The Entrance, NSW
    • CoastModz
Yep, i got notified from Hyundai about it, and im the second owner, not sure how they tracked me down.

:link: Hyundai?Hyundai i30 (FD) ESC Module
  • i30 SLX FD Hatchback

Offline malcie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thankfully they state the VIN numbers effected so do check yours. It may be Australia only?
  • i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Thankfully they state the VIN numbers effected so do check yours. It may be Australia only?
Recall in uk as well

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

New thread created for uk recalls
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Yep, i got notified from Hyundai about it, and im the second owner, not sure how they tracked me down.

:link: Hyundai?Hyundai i30 (FD) ESC Module

I think that being they had to notify the govt. about it (as indicated by being on that website) - that they would be given the contact details of the registered owners of effected vehicles.  To ensure potentially unsafe (being under formal/legal/external recall) don't cause issues or injury to owners or others.   Where as when an issue doesn't become a govt. notified recall but rather is handled internally (often called 'service campaign') they have to rely on their own records and won't be allowed access to rego details.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: eye30
Recall in uk as well
Good spot, but they're for different reasons (not cracked ESC module housing).
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

2 recalls

Description :Two LEDs are used to calculate torque applied to the steering wheel. If the ECU senses a discrepancy in the torque sensing circuitry, an indicator lamp is illuminated in the instrument cluster, a diagnostic code is stored, and steering assist is no longer provided. The driver will have to supply more effort to steering the vehicle.Remedial Action :Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and re-programme the steering ECU. The steering will then be tested. If the vehicle fails the test a new torque sensor will be fitted.Vehicle Id :TMADC81SMAJ019026 to TMADC51SLBJ130189

=================

Description :Whilst manoeuvring a noise can be heard from the lower steering column area. The cause has been identified as loose bolts on the column universal joint. In extreme cases these may drop out causing the universal joint to detach and failure of the steeringRemedial Action :Check column for correct fitting and tighten universal joint bolts to correct torque.Vehicle Id :KMHDC51DP8U007693 to KMHDC81UP8U009681
TMADB81SABJ050371 to TMADB51SMCJ218123

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Quote from: eye30
Recall in uk as well
Good spot, but they're for different reasons (not cracked ESC module housing).

I've only recently had the power steering checked on my model for last years recall.

As the AU and European cars are now built in different factories,  with locally sourced parts, the recalls will usually be different. :)

Offline alee79

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bankstown, NSW
Just done the recall service yesterday. It took more than half day.
Could not feel any difference when driving.
  • 2012 FD 5 Door Wagon, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Red

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Just done the recall service yesterday. It took more than half day.
Could not feel any difference when driving.
Thanks for the feedback.
I suspect you wouldn't notice any difference because,  as I understand it, the recall is to rectify a "potential" fault. So unless you'd already had a steering failure, everything should feel the same.
But you can feel confident,  there won't be a future problem.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia
I didn't get the recall letter and my i30 IS affected (tmadb51sabj....) also, I asked here about anyone had a squeeqing sound inder the wheel and this is apparently it.
  • i30 1.6 CRDi 66kW with DPF, made 2011. in Czech

Offline ricci

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Many i30's definitely have a steering problem.  My i30 CRDI certainly did.  Hyundai Service first claimed that there was no history of such a fault until I forwarded the results of research I carried out on the problem.  Fixing the steering was going to cost $3800 so it was worth going to the trouble of researching the issue and going back to Head Office about the problem.  They eventually covered the cost of repairs which fell just outside the warranty period.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Many i30's definitely have a steering problem.  My i30 CRDI certainly did.  Hyundai Service first claimed that there was no history of such a fault until I forwarded the results of research I carried out on the problem.  Fixing the steering was going to cost $3800 so it was worth going to the trouble of researching the issue and going back to Head Office about the problem.  They eventually covered the cost of repairs which fell just outside the warranty period.

:welcum: Good to hear a positive outcome.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

i30dave20

Thanks for the info

Checked and mine VIN is one of i30 effected
Rang the local dealer and gave then my rego annd VIN number but receptionist said no recall required   :phone1: :crazy1:
Confused i double checked on recall.gov.au and then emailed Hyundai Aust directly - awaiting reply  :undecided:
I bought it 2nd hand so we may not have been on the database to be notified

Will let you know how I go   :whistler:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Did they say why not required?

i30dave20

Receptionist checked my cars VIN with what information they had.

She mentioned they have been ordering parts for other i30's. So recall is still required. Just not mine apparently even though the VIN fits into the group of VIN's requiring recall.

I'm just making sure by checking with Hyundai Aust directly.

Past experience. The dealer doesn't always put the customer first. Though in this case I don't think there is anything to gain as all cost I imagine would be reimbursed by manufacturer.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Receptionist checked my cars VIN with what information they had.

She mentioned they have been ordering parts for other i30's. So recall is still required. Just not mine apparently even though the VIN fits into the group of VIN's requiring recall.

I'm just making sure by checking with Hyundai Aust directly.

Past experience. The dealer doesn't always put the customer first. Though in this case I don't think there is anything to gain as all cost I imagine would be reimbursed by manufacturer.
Cheers

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Probably - though I know one manufacture of vehicles/equipment only pay the "standard time" (what is shown as the expected time for replacing any particular part per service manual) for that procedure in regards to warranty work - regardless of how long it actually took.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
I am so pissed I called on 17 of March and my VIN clearly falls within the range and they said no
outstanding recalls of my vehicle. The article is dated for the 8th of March. I will be ringing again Monday,
I never remember changing the ECS module.  :phone1: :phone1:
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline James875

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, NSW
Just found this post.... Im hoping our gets replaced too as last night when i went for a drive a light came on ESP? wouldn't go away until i reset the battery.
  • MY10 i30 Diesel

i30dave20

Thanks for the info

Checked and mine VIN is one of i30 effected
Rang the local dealer and gave then my rego annd VIN number but receptionist said no recall required   :phone1: :crazy1:
Confused i double checked on recall.gov.au and then emailed Hyundai Aust directly - awaiting reply  :undecided:
I bought it 2nd hand so we may not have been on the database to be notified

Will let you know how I go   :whistler:
Well Hyundai got back to me and even though my car was in VIN group for recall my car was not required???? Happy Days :razz:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal