i30 Owners Club

HID upgrade

CraigB · 69 · 15347

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
CraigB how you getting on with the HID's mate hope u like it as of mine I love mine and will never change back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Read the second sentence of reply 19 Rusty, I know the laws but maybe you require hearing it in plain English  "I don't care"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .The word is D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. Craig
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'll wait for the Led's  :D

Been doing a lot of research on these Phil,they are becoming better and better,I have been looking into getting a set for Alvin,not cheap but if they do in fact give the results the reports are suggesting and they work in Alvin,THERE WILL BE a set going into Bruce,just plag and play no modifications required,as for there legality D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. END OF STORY

If they can be brought out on new cars to blind the F#*k out of me when I'm doing my country driving(where I need great lighting)why am I with a slighlty older car not be able to recipricate
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
CraigB how you getting on with the HID's mate hope u like it as of mine I love mine and will never change back.

Very happy with them and wont be changing them back either.

I also like the idea of the LED's though fitment space is very limited on the GD's and if a cooling fan fails you can cook the bulb mounting and surrounds.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .The word is D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. Craig
:lol: We even have a smiley for it Rick :dilligaf:

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Very happy with them and wont be changing them back either.

I also like the idea of the LED's though fitment space is very limited on the GD's and if a cooling fan fails you can cook the bulb mounting and surrounds.
Good job mate

• I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
My Jeep Grand Cherokee has bi-xenon (or HID) headlights. I don't find them to be any better than the i30's headlights (2011 model) when I had it.

Either Jeep makes crappy headlights or that Hyundai makes fantastic halogen ones.

Having said that my wife's ix35 (2014) has reasonable headlights. Dunno if they're HIDs or conventional ones.
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My Jeep Grand Cherokee has bi-xenon (or HID) headlights. I don't find them to be any better than the i30's headlights (2011 model) when I had it.
Then I'd say they either need some adjustment or the bulbs are on their way out, I have 3 mates that together all bought 2015 Grand Cherokee's on a lease agreement and I find their xenon's are excellent, even brighter than mine and a touch more blue from a distance.

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria

Then I'd say they either need some adjustment or the bulbs are on their way out,

They shouldn't be (wearing out, that is). The car's brand new, almost. I got it in Oct 2015. First test was a night time drive out towards work where there's no ambient light (street lights, etc.).

I was disappointed with them. As for adjustment, they aren't pointing to the heavens nor are they focusing two feet in front of the car.

Maybe just poor design. The i30's for conventional halogens, did a good job, I thought.
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal