i30 Owners Club

Traction Control and ABS light always on (since parking sensors fitted)

Offline Robbob1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
We have recently just bought a 63 plate i30 and as always with any new car we buy, we had parking sensors fitted to front and rear.

Since they have been fitted though, the traction control and ABS light has been constantly on what it rather annoying with the car being new to us.

Anyone on here have any idea why it has happened?? i think its just a sensor fault and hoping it the parking sensors haven't been wired up incorrectly. The ABS and traction control still work fine as well. Are they any checks i could do on it, as the sensors needed a reversing and a brake wire according to the manual we got left.

Thanks.
  • 2014 i30 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manuel, White

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Robbob1991

:wttc:

Why would the parking help need a brake signal..?  I could understand if it requires an ABS signal so it would turn off when ABS signal is given when the car pick up speed.

Back to whoever fitted the system and ask them to try again..  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Robbob1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
It was a good friend of mine that fitted them, same one that fitted them on my old Aygo, Astra and mums golf which all worked perfectly so had faith in him doing a good job again, which he has, they work perfectly. He has no idea why it would have made them light come on too. No access to a diagnostics computer too without forking out for it.

No idea why it need a break light signal too, it just says red wire-ACC, Black wire-Ground, Yellow wire-Reversing wire, White wire-Foot brake.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Have you tried disconnecting the rear sensors - check ABS and Traction then the front ones and re-check to determine which is the culprit (if any!)
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Robbob1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
They need a brake light because when we brake, it activates the front four sensors so we don't get a little too close to the person in front in traffic, a little pointless to me...

Iv disconected all the wires fron the control box and the lights still stay on the dash. Could it ba a fault code that just needs deleting??

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I wonder if the cause might be because of the Canbus system used by Hyundai :undecided: power might have to come via a Canbus module powered direct from the fuse box :undecided:

Offline Robbob1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
the 12v suply he got from the 12v sockets from front. My Astra was a 14 plate, so i presume that was either CAMBUS or multiplexed wiring system and it had the same sensor set fitted, but no problem like this.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Was about to ask if there's a towbar fitted the sensors detect, but if all disconnected, then propably not the issue.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Robbob1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
Got the car on the 29th of August, the parking sensors are the only thing iv had fitted since what were fitted on sunday, and them lights been on ever since

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal