Fuelly.com - Website Tracking for All Fuel Types and Countries

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
Fuelly.com is a nifty little website that records your fuel stats, and keeps a personal profile of all the cars in your garage in one place.

i've been using www.fuelly.com for about 5 fill ups now and just recently they had a little face lift and added a few other functions/stats to the site. i find the site quite appealing personally and prefer using it to just say a excel sheet or a calculator only. you can also add notes about your fuel ups, or service history details and put in reminders for things (haven't tried using that yet so unsure of reliability)

you can choose to use UK (imperial), US or Metric to record your stats. i have double checked the stats i get against other calculators online and they do match up. fuelly however does 'round up' i think, rather than leaving all the numbers showing past the decimal point.

this is my profile so you can see an example of the layout http://www.fuelly.com/driver/akamikazebutterfly/i30

i know Trev (a member here) also uses it and has posted thread before regarding it, but the threads don't have fuelly in the title and are seperate in each fuel forum, so have started a new thread to see if there is any interest by members here to join. the site allows you to add 'friends' as well.

hope to see you there  :goodjob:
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks SC .. I think this will work :goodjob: (seeing as you pointed out we don't have a general fuel useage thread...)

It is a quite interesting site (It seems quite a bit better than whan when someone first mentioned it .. I see our Joker, Alan is also a member  :D)

I might have to start keeping a better record of what I put in the Hybrid and join up too ..  Trish just throws A$20 into her CW every week or so as she only does a couple of hundred KM's most weeks (sometimes less...) so a bit harder for her to use the site.  :undecided:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
OK - I will come out of the closet and admit that I use the Fuelly site - it is an easy way of keeping economy statistics and share them with others. However - it only really works if you properly brim the car each time and keep accurate odometer readings.

However - I have to manually adjust the Fuelly economy figure - because I discovered that my odometer is reading 3.1% "slow". That is - when I travel 100 miles as shown on the odometer - the car has actually travelled 103.1 miles as measured by the motorway distance boards. I did consider declaring an adjusted odometer reading to allow for this - but didn't discover the error until recently.  I might re - visit Fuelly and see whether I can edit all the mileage records to correct for this.

This throws up the question about how accurate some peoples' records are. If your odometer happens to be reading say 5% fast - not uncommon for car speedos - your economy calculations are going to be over-stated. Perhaps this is why some people are able to declare some startlingly good fuel economy statistics.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
^hi alan :D
i added you as a friend to my page. [and yes Dazz - join us muahahahaha]

how do you know if your odo is fast or slow?

T(It seems quite a bit better than whan when someone first mentioned it .

yes, the upgrade seems quite new. at least i only discovered all the extras on my last fill up.  :goodjob:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
my economy is reading better now. it's 7.6 now according to fuelly. oh and my car was saying 7.6 to (yay they matched!)

i have noticed though it seems to be lower when i don't use the 'whole' tank. last 3 fillups i probably still had a good 100 ks left and i usually go lower than that.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm a bit peed off.. Our Hybrid has crept up from 6.3 to 6.5 LPH during this really cold spell and I filled her up today at same pump I filled her last time 843 Kms on 57.01 litres of 91 Octane unleaded (at 138.9c after 4c shopper docket) by my calculations that's 6.76 LPH  :undecided:

Fantastic compared to any other car of a similar size but not as good as I thought  :blubber:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Fantastic compared to any other car of a similar size but not as good as I thought  :blubber:

Dazz... rearrange these four letters into a well known word or phrase:

iDRC

:P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

CRDi  :winker:

But... it is not a similar size and diesel is at least 10c Per Litre dearer down here at the moment  :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just did 725 kms on 48.24 litres (in my Hybrid) for 6.65 LPH .. improving again but still no cigar  :undecided:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
LOLZ ive been using the maxima... it costs me $90 a week to get to work!! 98 RON + medium sized car = 9 L/100km on combined cycle! except last week... i used $180 in fuel... i did a bit of driving on the weekend!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

LOLZ ive been using the maxima... it costs me $90 a week to get to work!! 98 RON + medium sized car = 9 L/100km on combined cycle! except last week... i used $180 in fuel... i did a bit of driving on the weekend!

Ouch (But they are a nice car though) and "it" will feel loved again  :lol:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Thanks for the SC...  gonna sign up later today  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

ahh you're a good man there!  :mrgreen:

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
i just joimed the fuelly site,   so who is who?     look up Ultralights..   
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
i just joimed the fuelly site,   so who is who?     look up Ultralights..

i'm akamikazebutterfly - i added you to my list there.

so today my fuelly stats are:
exactly 8000 kms monitored over almost a year and 15 fuel ups
total spend in past 11 months $1057.23 averaging $1.46 per litre or just over $20 per week.
average economy 8.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's pretty good really SC .. I was missing you  :winker:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Don't want to use trackers like that, because I'm pretty sure, I would be devastated after seeing, how much $$ is being spent on fuel  :mrgreen:

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
Don't want to use trackers like that, because I'm pretty sure, I would be devastated after seeing, how much $$ is being spent on fuel  :mrgreen:

actaully i find its quite the opposite, especially after coming from a big turbo subaru forester...   i cant help but smile when i see my average price per Km is $0.07  compared to $0.18 for the subaru.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Through the Fuelly site I have had several people nominate me as a friend who I do not recognise. There are only two whose names I see on this forum but I suspect some of the others are also from this forum but using a different name.

I just wanted to say that all members of this forum are my friends whether I formally acknowledge that on Fuelly or not - this is the friendliest place around.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I just wanted to say that all members of this forum are my friends whether I formally acknowledge that on Fuelly or not - this is the friendliest place around.

:goodjob:  :happydance: (sorry I thought you might have been a crusty old bugger when you first joined... :lol: .. I was most definitely wrong)  :winker:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

actaully i find its quite the opposite, especially after coming from a big turbo subaru forester...   i cant help but smile when i see my average price per Km is $0.07  compared to $0.18 for the subaru.

We also used to have Subaru Forester (MY1999, bought in Jan 2000 I think), engine was 2.0 turbo with 170 hp :) Great car, but as you've said..the fuel consumption wasn't that great.. Our average fuel consumption was mostly around 12 lit/100 km, but sometimes went up to 15, 18 lit/100 km  :) Don't remember ever being under 10 lit, though. It was sold when it had approx 235,000 km (4years of driving, so that would be in 2004) and I still see it every once in a while  ;) So I guess it has at least 400,000 or 500,0000 km now  :twisted:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal