i30 Owners Club

Factory Rear Spoiler Install

Thumper · 10 · 6563

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Here it is, in all it's glory!

First thing first, get in contact with this Ebay seller and ask them for a Factory Rear Spoiler for your i30. (Remember to tell him what colour you have)

After handing over a few clams, you'll receive a long package by courier. (Yes, I did open it upside down)   :lol:

Now, important step, WASH YOUR i30!!

After it has dried, open the tailgate, pull this rubber grommet out, and tape to the side.

Close the tailgate, then fit the drilling template to the top. (Take your time here, making sure it's EXACTLY spot on. Once you start drilling, that's it!)

Ok, after you've had a coffee/beer/stiff drink, take your time, drill slowly, carefully, with very little pressure on the drill. (I used a cordless drill that has variable speed)

If you've done a good job, it should look like this:

Now, time to treat the holes with rust inhibitor, fit the locking tabs into the holes (Forgot to take a photo of this)

Place the spoiler on top of the tailgate, make sure all holes line up, make sure it sits perfectly, then remove the backing for the double sided tape from the spoiler, place on top of the tailgate, then place the locking screws through the holes on top. Screw carefully, but firmly.

Now fit the blanking plates on top of the holes.

You're done.

Enjoy.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Must of taken you a while, the photos start during the day and end during night :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good job Thumper!

But - it was daylight when you started and twilight when finished. Did it really take that long, or did you have a bit of beerage between shots  :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
She who must be obeyed wanted me to do some shopping for dinner. (And my cordless drill ran flat)  8-)

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: "Shambles"
Good job Thumper!

But - it was daylight when you started and twilight when finished. Did it really take that long, or did you have a bit of beerage between shots  :lol:

SHOPPING, drill going flat - I've used then also!!!!
Now tell the truth -- you got the girl off the Tooheys beer ad to open a few bottles  ---  
http://www.mediafire.com/?910jnmdtt6m        
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Great work! looks brilliant!

You didn't happen to drive through tuggeranong in canberra a week or two ago did you?

I remember seeing an i30 with a nice sound to it and you seem to be the only one on the forum with sports exhaust unless we have other modders thats not part of the club :)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Yup, that might have been me. I visited Bunnings, in Tuggers.

I've been 'sprung'!  :lol:

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
haha, i was on the balcony of one of those newer apartments and the missus was looking to see what car it was and she was like "hey its an i30!"

i leaned over and had a look and thought "i want an exhaust!!"

:lol:

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Do you think he can get one in Vivid Blue?
And how much did you pay?
And how long did you waited?

:D

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal