i30 Owners Club

Integrated Bluetooth Kit

Offline dazza2701

• 1st Gear
Hi All,

Has anyone had this option fitted to their i30 yet?  I have and the only annoying aspect, as it is linked to the car's audio system, is that each time you start the car there's a loud click (and I mean loud) a few secconds after staring.  The only option is to switch off the audio system before you turn the ignition off, otherwise you're in for a bit of a scare the next time you start up.

Took it back to the dealer that fitted it out and they said that ours was the first car they had fitted it to and suggested we wait until the next service where they may have some others done (so they hopefully had some reference material on similar problems).  Other than that the Bluetooth feature works fine.

Offline BeeJayi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Boulder
Hey Dazza,

i am getting in my car, So i will see if it does do that and I will get back to you

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Guys,
Any updates on this?
I am thinking of getting the factory install..

Whats the cost of it, Any one know?

icatcher
I have a Parrot CK3100 carkit mounted in mine. It's already the 3th car in wich this kit is mounted. Works perfectly. It's attached to the radio and mutes automaticly. Completely handsfree with voice-control.
The guys at the dealers put it in for me when I ordered the car. They told me they had some problems installing it, because it was their first kit in an i30 - didn't know about the wiring of the radio. But in the end they did a good job.
I've no loud 'click' in the radio. I only hear a 'beep' as a sign that the phone is detected by the carkit.
Here's a picture: (it's the thing on the right... :) )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi icatcher.. any idea of the cost of the "parrot" in equiv of Aussie dollars?

Guess we could just do a search on the net...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Anonymous
Dazz,

I don't think you can get a Parrot in Austrailia.
Check out this site: http://www.parrot.com/usa
They have a lot of countries to switch to, but not Aus.
Maybe E-bay is an option?
I think you have one for less than €200. Don't know what that is in Aus $. (more than 3 years ago I paid more than €300 for it, but they got cheaper with the years...)

Tony

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Tony,

I use the Bluetooth through my GPS. Was mainly asking for our other members.

Your estimate converts to more than A$400. There are some much cheaper options available in Australia (but not integrated as far as I can tell)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Any one else got the bluetooth kit (Hyundai original)?  How much was it? I was going to order one but if this clicking problem is not solvable it would drive me crazy every time i start the car.  Might have to just go for a blue ant or whatever they are called.

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
I've got a THB Bury Bluetooth kit - works beautifully with no extra leads to buy and it also beeps a few seconds after the car is started*, like icatcher's Parrot does. LINK - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=642

*I think it beeps if it's not connected to a phone or I've not connected the head unit, I can't quite honestly say, but I know it beeps sometimes - it doesn't emit a loud click thank God.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal