i30 Owners Club

Apple car play 2016 uk i30

Npmr · 7 · 2442

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear
Hi
I am potentially buying a 1.4 SE Nav (late 2016 UK registration). Does anyone know if is possible  to install Apple car play on this car's infotainment system? If so would it be a dealer install process?
Many thanks

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
Hi mate, ive got a 16 plate se nav, does not have apple carplay, but i believe its dealer install if you want it... never needed it, as the mapping is pretty good already, also with the bluetooth connection that’s automatic, calls can be taken, and made, music on phone can be played via the headunit... so cant see a massive advantage in having it to be fair.
Certainly not worth the cost and i suspect they will charge for it sadly mate.

• I30 auto diesel to buy in near future!

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear
thanks for that Bighvm . I think the advantage in the UK is  that by using apple car play I would be able to get traffic on a map app.. the inbuilt  hyundai satnav does not access traffiic in the uk.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If your Hyundai head unit is compatible with the Apple Play and Android Auto upgrade then it should be free, you can get it installed while car is being serviced.

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear
thanks CraigB for your reply/

Has anyone in the UK had this upgrade/know if this head unit is apple carplay compatible?

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
thanks for that Bighvm . I think the advantage in the UK is  that by using apple car play I would be able to get traffic on a map app.. the inbuilt  hyundai satnav does not access traffiic in the uk.

Mine shows cars cued in red on the road ahead and locally if traffic is slow- is that what you mean mate?
  • I30 auto diesel to buy in near future!

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
Did you ever get to the bottom of this mate? Digging myself currently but a definite yes or no seems to be a challenge ;)
  • 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal