Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us - part #3

meehalych · 205 · 38431

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fairy nuff! That sort of range would be no good for us though with our long 5000 km + road trips.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
- My computer power supply is not well, so it's being sent away for warranty purposes. Hoping to get it back before the end of the month
- My i30 has been giving me ESP OFF lights on the dash lately which I have traced to a bad brake light switch. Odd seeing as mine was replaced under the campaign in 2015
+ The switch only cost ZAR231, or around AU$23. A generic Echlin part was AU$13, so I stuck with the OEM part
- The part is on back order, so I have to wait a little bit longer for it to get here
+ It's winter here and I am loving the cooler temps :sweating:
- Fuel price is up to AU$1.70 per litre and this makes me seriously consider downscaling :'(
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

- Fuel price is up to AU$1.70 per litre and this makes me seriously consider downscaling :'(

Hi Phil,

Nice to hear from you!

We are paying around A$1.50 in Tassie for fuel so i am looking forward to my New 2019 Hybrid Camry Sport coming (in about August hopefully) 4.2 L/100kms.  :happydance:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

Hi Phil,

Nice to hear from you!

We are paying around A$1.50 in Tassie for fuel so i am looking forward to my New 2019 Hybrid Camry Sport coming (in about August hopefully) 4.2 L/100kms.  :happydance:

Hey Dazz! Or as I like to call you, the car-flipper judging by all the cars you've owned since I registered on here :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new purchase, I hope you have many miles in her!

We were up in Johannesburg last month and we hired a Kia Picanto as a rental for the weekend. With everyday driving, not going gentle on it (you really have to paddle the gearlever to get the little three-cylinder up to speed at that altitude) we saw a combined fuel consumption of 5.6l/100 and down to 3.0l/100 on the highway. We were both really impressed :goodjob2:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden

Two weeks deep and done a little more than 1500kms so far, really nice car to drive, especially on curvy mountain roads. Had to fast charge once, stopped for 12 minutes to call goodnight to my daughter and got an additional 100km or so of range (needed 30), free of charge too, never had that happen at a petrol pump.
Rest of the charging done at home, 185kwh for about 150sek, diesel for the same kms would have been 67.5l at 1080sek. Pretty good. My new electricity deal starts on Tuesday, which should halve my electricity cost for charging at home and lower the standard rate by 25%.

Were planning a 1500km round trip this summer, I don't imagine it will be much different from our diesel trips except having to plan the stops in advance. Also got my cargo grid home and checked if both tent and dogs fit in the boot, no problem. :)

• Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the updates xiziz... Shame more Ioniq owners don't give us updates like that..  :whistler: :evil:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I wish I could post photos & updates of such great news :victory:

However, as some will know, employees of my company have their www content routinely monitored so I have to be cautious what I reveal in my posts :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wish I could post photos & updates of such great news :victory:

However, as some will know, employees of my company have their www content routinely monitored so I have to be cautious what I reveal in my posts :P

Yeah, likely story...  :Pout: :snigger:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
We got a catsitter in the last moment and set off for Öland. Did a little more than 1700km during last week. Not a single issue, hitch or fault with the car, charging or range.  :goodjob2:

In fact, the only time we had to wait for the car to finish charging was on the second to last fast charge returning home. A whole minute because I was cheap and wanted that last kwh I had paid for (fixed rate and not per kwh/min/free as other chargers), had enough charge to hit the last charger.
We had to wait a whole minute after everyone was buckled in before I unplugged. Car had finished charging before we were ready to set off all other times. I can live with that inconvenience. :)

Had access to a plug where we were staying so I could granny charge at 6A over night to cut down on public charger usage, helped ofc but would have gotten by without it aswell.

Traveling with a 3yo and two dogs means plenty of stops and I am highly doubtful that the trip would have been any shorter on diesel.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@xiziz

That's great to hear.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ going on 5 days vacation from Monday, which we will spend in a village in Pskov's region (about 700km round trip for Mazda) )
- the summer is awful this year: cold and rainy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ going on 5 days vacation from Monday, which we will spend in a village in Pskov's region (about 700km round trip for Mazda) )

Have fun, drive safely ( is this possible in Russia?)  :sweating:

Yeah, that global warming is so unreliable...  :snigger:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Have fun, drive safely ( is this possible in Russia?)  :sweating:

Yeah, that global warming is so unreliable...  :snigger:
Thanks, Daz! Of course it's :), but everything is possible, not only in Russia

Отправлено с моего SM-J400F через Tapatalk

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Time for a post, I guess)
+ it's my first day of two weeks vacation
- I am yet to finish the night shift
+ we are flying to Sochi tomorrow (I couldn't resist the cheap air tickets; moreover the accommodation is free - the company still rents an apartment near the airport)
+ I studied another A320Neo last month in Moscow (this time with PW1100G engine)
+ I will fly to Kazakhstan for the practical part of the A320Neo course next week

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Time for a post, I guess)
+ it's my first day of two weeks vacation
- I am yet to finish the night shift
+ we are flying to Sochi tomorrow (I couldn't resist the cheap air tickets; moreover the accommodation is free - the company still rents an apartment near the airport)
+ I studied another A320Neo last month in Moscow (this time with PW1100G engine)
+ I will fly to Kazakhstan for the practical part of the A320Neo course next week

You are a busy boy... Nice timing for your Birthday.

Doesn't sound like 2 weeks vacation? (Next week I will fly to Kazakhstan for the practical part of the A320Neo course?)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Doesn't sound like 2 weeks vacation? (Next week I will fly to Kazakhstan for the practical part of the A320Neo course?)

Well, let's call the trip to Kazakhstan the vacation adventure. I might even meet any of my relatives (from my father's line), who are dwelling in the country.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well, let's call the trip to Kazakhstan the vacation adventure. I might even meet any of my relatives (from my father's line), who are dwelling in the country.

Fairy Nuff as the dodgie one (I mean @Doggie 1 ) would say.

Good luck finding the relatives.  :happydance:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Or Furry Muff.  :)

That reminds me.. Looking forward to seeing you in a bit over a month.  :happydance:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

- had to cancel our trip to Sochi (our return flight was cancelled, so we were booked for the flight on Friday which was unacceptable for me; on Thursday I departed for  Kazakhstan)
+ we still have a nice winter) - no snow, no cold, +5 degrees outside, that's what I like while working at the airport

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not having a good Christmas...…. last Monday got hit by a car while walking across the cross walk in the shopping centre underground carpark ……. wifey finishes her shift in the hospital on Christmas day with pain in her stomach and ends up going back there at 10pm Chrissy night and is still there. Seems an op is on the cards....just waiting for the surgeons to view the reports....hope the new year is better :undecided:

A quick edit.... just found out wifey will be operated on tomorrow.... :(

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not having a good Christmas...…. last Monday got hit by a car while walking across the cross walk in the shopping centre underground carpark ……. wifey finishes her shift in the hospital on Christmas day with pain in her stomach and ends up going back there at 10pm Chrissy night and is still there. Seems an op is on the cards....just waiting for the surgeons to view the reports....hope the new year is better :undecided:

A quick edit.... just found out wifey will be operated on tomorrow.... :(
That's not good John :Shocked: I hope you weren't injured and the wifies OP isn't anything to serious :undecided:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
 :Shocked: :eek:
Worst xmas ever !!  Farrrk !

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@neptune Hi John, jeepers what a shocker!   :crazy1:

Sure hope you guys will both be ok.  :sweating:

Must be something in the air, I had a very fragile right hip and back over Christmas and yesterday out of the blue a really bad pain (8/10) started in my upper left leg. I cant stand straight or walk straight on it without a terrible crampy type pain. So I'm off to doctor or hospital for scans this morning.  :disapp: :crazy2:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Oi you blokes and blokettes better heal up soon! Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, Neptune and Dazz. All the best :goodjob2:

+ It's the season to be jolly
-  It's also the season to be stuck at work for a half day

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oi you blokes and blokettes better heal up soon! Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, Neptune and Dazz. All the best :goodjob2:

+ It's the season to be jolly
-  It's also the season to be stuck at work for a half day

Cheers Phil.  No update from Neptune yet. Hope Mrs Neptune is ok.

I was at the hospital for over 6 hours! X-rays etc.. and a pain killing injection.. I don't know what it was but it sure was effective. They think the issue was muscular although the arthritis in my left hip has got worse than it was 5 years ago when 1st diagnosed. Got a prescription for Panadeine.. only had a couple each day for two days made me very nauseous.  Don't think I have any risk of becoming addicted! Improved enough now to resume my walking regime. :goodjob:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
A bit of an update...… wifey came home this arvo after her emergency surgery. Still doped up a bit on pain medication and getting around is painful for her. Plus she seems always tired and sleeping. Totally unusual for her. Time will heal so they say....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

A bit of an update...… wifey came home this arvo after her emergency surgery. Still doped up a bit on pain medication and getting around is painful for her. Plus she seems always tired and sleeping. Totally unusual for her. Time will heal so they say....

Thanks for the update John. Glad she's home. Pain killing medication does that. Hopefully she will be back to her old self soon.

Please give her best wishes from all of us at the i30 owners club!  :cool:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Meant to put this up the before xmas , got busy , then xmas , fires , yeah I know farking slack bugger.
Anyway,
 youngest daughter Kate has finised her 5 years of uni at ANU  in Canberra. Graduated mid December with Honours in both  Law & International Security.  Started her job with a big law firm in Canberra last Monday. 
 :happydance:  :happydance: :happydance: is how she's feeling.

Oldest daughter Rachel is now a fully qualified Personal Trainer. Has been working full time in an accountancy firm in Wagga and completed the course on weekends and nights.
Setting up her business is well underway with name - By Your Side -  logos, insurance & equipment sorted.
As well as above , Rachel & Scott (sil)have started another business -Point Ventures - to help people acuire,  manage and use point systems; ie flybuys, qantas etc. Their off overeas again, first class using the points they have accumulated.
 Scott has a new role Crown Lands Chief Fire Officer responsible for a huge part of NSW. Currently using his skills with RFS  plotting fires.
So their  flat out.

Good luck to all  :goodjob2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wow! That's impressive Mick. You guys must be really proud! Lucky the girls took after their Mum eh..  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal