i30 Owners Club

ABS/ ESP LIGHTS

Npmr · 10 · 9701

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear
Hi
I would appreciate it if anyone can help with this particular problem?
My i30 (uk spec, Czech built 2011) has an issue where the ABS and ESP lights both come on and stay on when I am driving above 60mph. Once I have stopped and have turned  the ignition off and on again, they stay off until I drive above 60mph again. Any thoughts?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Is it manual?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Yes, manual 1.4 petrol.

May be worth a search but last week or so someone said something similar, broken clutch pedal position switch. May have been a 1.4 too?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Not sure now. Said ESC lights on at 50mph. May be worth checking anyway but could be an ABS sensor , I think a scantool would be a good start, see what codes are generated. Sorry can't help much more with this one.

:link: SOLVED: ESC light on at 50 mph - every time - help needed

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
check the same problem solved in other forum and about other car maker. It may help you too but not sure.

:link: BOTH the ESP and ABS lights come on whilst driving.***RESOLVED ***
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Npmr

• 2nd Gear
Thanks, I have had a search for similar faults and I think the consensus tends to be something to do with an abs sensor- may need to get it checked out by main dealer (gulp). Hopefully they can find some codes that help diagnose the problem.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks, I have had a search for similar faults and I think the consensus tends to be something to do with an abs sensor- may need to get it checked out by main dealer (gulp). Hopefully they can find some codes that help diagnose the problem.

As TW2005 (Gary Gerard) says if you can find someone with a scan tool (which is a relatively cheap DIY gadget) they may be able to read the error codes without you incurring any cost. It doesn't have to be via the main dealer either..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
The basic scan tool code reader is a cheap tool. Ebay has them for about $30, (Chinese knock offs) will read codes and clear them.
The tool that is causing my new best friend  :whistler: to salivate is about $2800, plus annual data upgrades.

However, :winker: his advice re a crook abs sensor is as good as anything I can come up with ( so scan and start there)  :goodjob2:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The basic scan tool code reader is a cheap tool. Ebay has them for about $30, (Chinese knock offs) will read codes and clear them.
The tool that is causing my new best friend  :whistler: to salivate is about $2800, plus annual data upgrades.

However, :winker: his advice re a crook abs sensor is as good as anything I can come up with ( so scan and start there)  :goodjob2:

Nice one, Maaaaate :whistler: :sweating:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal