My KIA Niro Hybrid

AlanHo · 2 · 4692

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Following the appeal by Dazz to post the story of your car - here's mine.

I took delivery of my Niro in March 2017 having had to wait 6 months for it to arrive. I tracked it's journey  from S Korea in a Hyundai Car carrier ship carrying 3000 cars to Europe. I can't remember all the ports it called in on the way but Greece, Italy, Spain, France and Holland were all included before it docked at felixstow UK.

I fell in love with the car on the first day - and it has proved to be the best car in terms of suiting our lifestyle and old bones I have ever owned. It is roomy, comfortable, reasonably refined, very economical and has a large boot (trunk).  The built-in sat nav maps and features are as good as it comes and the WiFi link to a 4G data dongle warns me of speed cameras and traffic problems throughout the Country. Libby especially appreciates the high seating position - the main reason why after three successive i30's we had to move to a vehicle that was easier for us to get in and out of.

As the older members of the forum will know - I am a bit of the anorak and keep a cumulative spreadsheet of every refuelling so I am able to report that it has averaged exactly 4.71 L/100km over the 29,409 miles (47,327km) I have owned it. The best economy on a tank has been 68.85 mpg (2.02 l/100k) on a long trip up to and around Scotland and the worst economy in the middle of freezing weather and just local journeys has been 48.19 mpg (5.86 l/100 k).

It’s only visits to the dealership have been routine services and sat nav map and software updates.

We have had the car for 3.5 years and there is still 3.5 years left on the warranty – so it will remain our car for the duration. After that our next vehicle might well be a 2 seater all electric with handlebars and a basket on the front.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Excellent thanks Alan..

Hope others follow your lead. I think the Niro will be released in Australia eventually. Kia's are one of very few brands showing any sales growth this year in Australia.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal