i30 Owners Club

Feedback on the i30 2017/18 SR Turbo?

Offline Vivalazuzu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney
Hi All,

So i was hoping that someone could provide some feedback on the new PD SR Turbo range.

I am looking at updating the 3 door around September this year.

@Dazzler - I am aware you have the red PD model. Recently i saw a thread about the K&N Filter. Is this something I need to consider when purchasing the car? Are they not readily available in Australia??

Any other feedback on this car would be great. I know this car is getting great reviews online, but thought I would hear it first hand from the owners themselves.

Best regards,

Joseph
  • 2013 GD 3 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, 6spd Manual, Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Joseph, Check out my feedback threads in Testimonials section.

:link: Initial feedback on brand new i30 PD SR (Further Updated)

:link: 8 month (17,000 kilometre) review of Dazzler's PD SR (DCT)

Without repeating myself I love it.

One thing I haven't commented on is the DCT. I quite like it. Very smooth and efficient. It does slightly blunt initial takeoff (unless you select the power setting) but once on the move it is smooth and aids quick acceleration (for passing)

The K & N filter is not a must have, but they are now readily available for around $100 - use EBay.

:link: K&N Air Filter for PD SR

My PD SR had big shoes to fill (replacing a 2014 Holden Calais V 6 Cylinder) but the only thing I miss is the bigger boot.

Even the lower models of the new PD are impressive an Elite or Premium Diesel would also be a lovely car.

Have fun. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
PD SR is the bees knees.
GD's are great cars but PD will snot all over the GD  :D
Test drive one and you'll know what i mean. The Dual Clutch is one of if not the best on the market.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline crissbroon

• 1st Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Fife
This is going to sound stupid but as a new owner from the UK i have no idea what the letters PD or GD stand for. Can someone enlighten this uneducated pom.
  • 2014 Hyundai i30 CDRI AUTO

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
PD is the  "new i30", the latest model range. GD was the previous version and FD was the one before that.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
This is going to sound stupid but as a new owner from the UK i have no idea what the letters PD or GD stand for. Can someone enlighten this uneducated pom.

Model codes

FD: 1. generation 2007-2012
GD: 2. generation 2012-2017
PD: 2017 -->

:happydance:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Others have answered already FD,GD,PD.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask . You ask questions to learn 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal