i30 Owners Club

GD-02 Pinout

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I purchased a GD head-unit - turns out it was a Hyundai GD-02 (photos were GD-01).

So here is a photo of the pinout label - hope it is of use.

• 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Does that give you any extra features?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Me personally... Nope  :rofl:   I have an FD car not a GD  :D

Well the major differences between the GD-01 and GD-02 units are:
  • GD-02 - Has connections to power & display rear/reverse camera (A5, A6, A9, A14, A15)... marked as N/C on GD-01
  • GD-02 - Has NO cd player - which makes it a bit lighter
  • GD-02 - Has Internet in the short description... apparently the head-unit has support for Pandora (internet music streaming service) built in...
    • Basically you download the Pandora app (internet radio) to your iOS or Android device, connect device to headunit
    • Then you can use the controls on the radio to control the app - which is what is actually receiving, via. your data connection for device (e.g. 3G, 4G, etc.), the audio...
  • GD-02 - Apparently can charge USB devices to a max of 2A (and without radio being on), where as GD-01 seems to do only 0.6A
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:14:21 by ibrokeit »

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Me personally... Nope  :rofl:   I have an FD car not a GD  :D

In case anyone is wondering - my Mum's i30 came with the, apparent RoW, bog-std radio/head-unit (no touch screen and a mono-color LCD).  So going to send a GD-01 or GD-02 to her so she can have it installed - already checked with the dealer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:10:59 by ibrokeit »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :lol: :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
  • GD-02 - Has Internet in the short description... apparently the head-unit has support for Pandora (internet music streaming service) built in...

So reading the instruction manual again - it appears the Internet in the radio name is based on what I described earlier about Pandora - i.e. no wifi or mobile broadband, browsing, etc..

So the Internet, in this context, means a feature in the head-unit so the head-unit controls can control an app on your device.  The app using the mobile-device to download the content and send it on to the head-unit - via. USB for iOS devices (iPod/iPhone) and blue-tooth for Android (probably BT audio).

Offline doomedace

• 2nd Gear

• at Austria

• I30 CW - hazel brown - 1.4 petrol - 2013
Hey ibrokeit, how did that radio swap work out?

Did everything work afterwards?

I also have the standard radio (monocolor display), and consider an exchange with a gd-02 unit.

As the GD-02 unit is not sold in Austria, I'm unsure if it would work in my car (2013, GDH model). Is the GD-02 sold only in Australia and New Zealand?
I've checked the Pin-Out diagram and I could see some differences - the main one would be the missing mic connection on the gd-02 unit.

Any response is greatly appreciated....
Ciao!
Alex
  • 2013 I30 CW GDH

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hey ibrokeit, how did that radio swap work out?

Did everything work afterwards?

I also have the standard radio (monocolor display), and consider an exchange with a gd-02 unit.

As the GD-02 unit is not sold in Austria, I'm unsure if it would work in my car (2013, GDH model). Is the GD-02 sold only in Australia and New Zealand?
I've checked the Pin-Out diagram and I could see some differences - the main one would be the missing mic connection on the gd-02 unit.

Any response is greatly appreciated....
Ciao!
Alex

Hasn't happened yet - Mum isn't too rushed about it.  It should just be drop in.

GD-02 (and GD-01) units are Australia only (AFAIK they are not an OEM unit in New Zealand).

Missing mic connection - to be expected... as the GD-02 (and GD-01) units have the mic (for hands free) built into the fascia.

Sorry I can't be of more help right at the moment - maybe someone else has had the experiance.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal