• nu Niue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: and congrats.

We don't get the wagon in Australia which is a shame. We may have bought one instead of a Kona for my wife as her last 2 i30's have been wagons.

They reckon the exchange rate out of Europe doesn't allow for competitive pricing. The previous 2 versions sold well as wagons. Ideal for reps and small families. Also the fact wagons aren't selling well due to the popularity of SUV's may have a bearing.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline JH1

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Bay of Plenty
Yes, I agree. There are not many wagons available now in the popular price range, the market is slowly disappearing for wagons with all the SUVs. My wagon is just a base model no LED DRL, and the only model they are importing in NZ. I like the shape and the flat floor with no lip, but don't like the front, I would love one with a N style front!
The Kia CEED wagon was actually on the top of the list, much better styling but won't come to NZ, also European built. The new Cerato Hatch looks good, but no flat cargo space.

My wagon was made in Czech Republic and were initially price too high and now around NZ$30,000 which is OK
  • i30 wagon 1.6L (2018)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My wagon was made in Czech Republic and were initially price too high and now around NZ$30,000 which is OK

Your new cars are dear over there, so as you say 30K is not too bad. If they had released a base model wagon in Australia I'm guessing it would have been around $27,000 -$28,000 and they don't generally discount the wagons as much as the volume selling hatches.  :cool:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@JH1

I just noticed in your signature your wagon is a 1.6 litre. If only a base model does that mean it's naturally aspirated?  (non-turbo)

Offline JH1

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Bay of Plenty
Yes, non Turbo, It is a very basic car for reps I think, the only model imported in NZ. Smaller display unit, no navigation. But a very practical car - but it won't beat my 2006 Volvo V70 with 5 cyl, non turbo 2.4L
  • i30 wagon 1.6L (2018)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, non Turbo

That's interesting! They do a lot of versions.. We only get 2.0 non turbo and 1.6 Turbo, UK gets 1.4 Turbo and 1.0 (3 pot) Turbo and now I hear they do a non turbo 1.6.  Nice little motor and good on fuel (GDi?) 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal