i30 Owners Club

No control of music on phone via bluetooth

Aughy · 9 · 3952

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
When I play music from my phone via my I30 bluetooth connection the rocker switch on the steering wheel does not do anything. the reason I mention this is because I had an I20 courtesy car and its corresponding switch did perform this trick of allowing me to move back and forwards to select the tracks I wanted to play.. SEE PIC BELOW

I have seen 2016 versions of the Radio /CD player in my car. (Mines a 2012 I30 Blue diesel 1.6 Active) on Ebay If I bought one of these would it give my car this capability or would I be wasting my time and money?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 22:38:43 by Aughy »
  • 2012 I30 Blue Active Diesel 1600

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like a malfunction to me. Apparently, my wifes 2014 tourer steerung buttons let her swap tracks... I would assume if you swapped to a 2016 radio you would get the other functions you desire. But you need to find out it is the right model. I wonder why they are selling them if they are the android auto/apple car play compatible version.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What is the phone you're having troubles with? does the rocker switch work correctly when changing radio stations? if it does then there may be a sync issue :undecided: first would be to delete the phone from the stereo and then re-sync/discover the Bluetooth connection.

The steering controls in my 2013 function properly with my iPhone 7plus and my older iPhone 4s.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:06:29 by CraigB »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Could be the phone is not compatable.

Can you check if the phone settings are set correctly?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
This function worked fine in the I20 plus on another occasion I tried it in a Mazda 2 they lent me and it worked fine with it too. I had a Sony Erricson phone before the Huawei I have now and it did the same thing so I assumed it was a function not available in my I30. The Mazda even allowed me to download my Huaweis address book which my I30 will not do either. The rocker changes stations fine or cd tracks etc it just dosent like the bluetooth apparently

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It could be the phones Bluetooth connection though it's sounding more likely the head/stereo unit if it also had issues connecting with your Sony as well, see if you can test with someone else's phone like a Samsung or iPhone and if it's still not connecting properly then I think it's the stereo which you should report to Hyundai for a warranty check.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Although the Bluetooth standards are universal, implementation by many phone manufacturers isn't. Try other phones. If you've done that, you have a case with Hyundai.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
I have an issue with my wife's key not working since the dealer fixed some other issues I had so I added the stereo to the list. I'll keep you posted what  happens

Offline Maciej

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland, Dublin
BT works with my OnePlus One (Android) as you described - in MEDIA mode it switches tracks back and forth (and even starts playlist again when finished if pushed for more than 2 seconds). In RADIO mode it switches preprogrammed 6 stations or if pushed longer - performs autosearch for next station. Besides what others said - it could be that your music app does not have this function built in - try different one.
  • 2014 i30 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, White (Active trim)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal