i30 Owners Club

I want these lights! (Link in post)

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
I found these lights while browsing the www and immediately thought want want WANT!!! Lol.
LED Head Eye Line Light DIY Kit For 08 11 Hyundai i30

Anyone fitted these or similar? Any tips/suggestions/warnings greatly appreciated
  • 2007, I30 style, 1.4 petrol, silver

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice ... if you're willing to do some irreversible cutting and gluing of your light module. :eek:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
And say goodbye to my warranty as well  :blubber: but the :evil: on my shoulder is saying go on you know you want to :D  :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Grab a spare set of headlight modules and have a swap set - modded and unmodded. Then your warranty would 'look' OK. :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
They may not be legal in your country.

Too much assembly required for me. Obtaining a water tight reassembly can be a problem. (They conveniently don't mention that).

The lights are white, then orange when turning, when the orange flashing is off during turning, are all leds off or are they white, that would make them illegal.

Good idea, but not for me, sorry.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Grab a spare set of headlight modules and have a swap set - modded and unmodded. Then your warranty would 'look' OK. :whistler:
Good idea would also let me take as long as necessary to complete w/o taking car off the road

They may not be legal in your country.

Too much assembly required for me. Obtaining a water tight reassembly can be a problem. (They conveniently don't mention that).

The lights are white, then orange when turning, when the orange flashing is off during turning, are all leds off or are they white, that would make them illegal.

Good idea, but not for me, sorry.

Fair points that I hadn't thought of, thank you, I will check them out.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
There sure is a lot of "uncombining" involved, and I too wouldn't practice uncombining on the only set of headlamps available to me.

But I do think Alan82ni should go for it, seeing as the warranty is long expired :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
i30 FD has two types of head lamp. One is white, the other is black. I was told that the black type cannot be separated into two parts. However you can do this on the white type ones. Perhaps you'll need to check this first.

Friends did this mod by swapping the black ones with others. Or, they bought the white type set.

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
There sure is a lot of "uncombining" involved, and I too wouldn't practice uncombining on the only set of headlamps available to me.

But I do think Alan82ni should go for it, seeing as the warranty is long expired :D
Just bought the car (haven't even picked it up yet lol) and getting a warranty from the dealership

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You're keen! Perhaps if you do get a spare set you can go into a cottage industry / hobby / part-time sideline of cranking these out for forum members!  :lol: :goodjob:

Offline Alan82ni

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
You're keen! (Read nut job  :Plol) Perhaps if you do get a spare set you can go into a cottage industry / hobby / part-time sideline of cranking these out for forum members!  :lol: :goodjob:

Perhaps let's get the first set done and then we'll see

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I have opened my head lights to install led's (different to what you have linked) and for me it wasn't that difficult. Its certainly not easy but no that difficult either, well worth it in my opinion. I had the full chrome headlights but I have heard or read that the factory ones with black are next to impossible to open so if your i30 has those ones then I would probably get a set of chrome ones to do it on.

Modding your headlights won't affect your warranty apart from the head lights themselves, they would have to prove that the headlights have caused the issue. For example if you're radio stops working they can't say "oh well you have voided your warranty because you have changed your headlights" lol that would be ludicrous. Don't expect a new headlight though if your modded ones starts to get condensation though.

In regards to water proofing its not difficult, reseal them using the existing sealant and then with your own sealant go around the entire joint and fill in all the whole gap and when it dries go back around it again and fill in any pin holes or missed gaps.

Good luck  :goodjob2:
  • Hyundai i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal