i30 Owners Club

Stereo Controls on Steering Wheel

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
I know that this might seem trivial, but...

My SX does not have stereo controls on the steering wheel (the SLX and SR does). My wife's Getz does!

The steering wheel has a panel that looks like it will come off (on both sides). I assume that is where the stereo controls and cruise control buttons go.

Does anybody know if it is possible to add the control panel to the steering wheel?

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey duke! i think what you are looking for is http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_158_201&products_id=1159&osCsid=8b85c8fee74325c9e1cdcd2d734c3a75 that should help you out XD

sorry to take over the thread..but do you/anyone know if these controls will work if you change the headunit?

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
Thanks link

Any idea on what is involved in installing them?   ie is the wiring already there?

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
guess what, those buttons are really cheap, guess what the installation of these buttons at the official hyundai dealer here in romania is about 20 euros, but guess what if you whant them to work it will cost about 200 euros...how  messed up is that

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
holy crap..they charge you EXTRA to make it WORK?? so you can pay all that much to install it and wire it...but that's just for looks? no way! best get in contact with korean auto imports and ask them about it and whether to make it work you need to configure it...come on...hyundai cant be THAT cheap...200 euros to make something you have already paid for work...now that's just pushing it a little far...

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
I got a reply from KoreanAutoImports in relation to installing the audio controls, but it was not specific i30 info, but pointing me to this site
http://sorentosite.com/diy/audio_controls.pdf

Hope this is useful to someone.

Still don't know whether the wiring is already there....

The service manager at one of my local Hyundai dealers said that the air bag spring in the SX is different to that in the SLX, and that they would have to replace a number of air bag components - apparently expensive. Seems strange, but...

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
thos guys from hyundai told me it costs so much because they had to install a new clockspring. i do not know what that means..

Offline toxxic

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "tiny"
thos guys from hyundai told me it costs so much because they had to install a new clockspring. i do not know what that means..

clockspring is another word for the steering angle sensor, the airbag connects upto this also as does the cruise/stereo controls. I can understandwhy certain clockspring and airbag components may need replacement to install this.

Installation is pretty easy, the problem is that coding may need to be performed on the various control units in the vehicle related to airbag, clockspring and stereo functions.

I would like to know if coding needs to be performed/changed or its a simple "hardware" modification?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal