i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 - REVEALED!!

buddyforu · 227 · 81852

Offline swiss_i30cw

• 2nd Gear
it looked as though he was pinching some ideas,a ruler and tape measure came out a few times.  :faint: :lol:
I think this has to do with the inner space respective to the total length of the car and to the dead angle due to the A pillar and side mirror.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
your most likely right,but the a pillar is most of a cars roof strength it needs to be big.  :idea:  and welcome back after nearly a years absence.  :goodjob2: :goodjob: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Many people on Slovenian automobile forums saw that video too and were very impressed. As I've said. A lot of people started inquiring about the prices and the date, when the car should be here. That Martin Winterkorn, seemed quite nervous to me. In a good way for Hyundai and in a bad way for VW and other brands..

There are owners of the vehicles like MY10' Opel Astra, MY09' VW Golf, MY07 BMW 3 and so on, which are really interested in buying that car. It's like world being upside-down  :mrgreen: Never in the world I would have thought to see such reactions from people like them. Makes you feel proud you are driving a Hyundai  ;)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
More about that video:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/09/volkswagens_winterkorn_rattled_by_non_rattling_hyundai_i30_this_could_cost_careers-html/

I must say this video was a great "marketing" move (by I don't know who), because more and more people are wondering about that amazing Hyundai. Over here, the Volkswagen is "the car" for most. It's like some kind of "god of all cars". In the end it doesn't even matter if he liked the color that much or if it was some important mechanical thing. When they saw a "VW master" with that expression on his face, they started thinking about switching sides.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :rofl:  Even though I couldn't understand what he was saying it was obvious he was impressed... That is a classic (Hyundai must be laughing all the way to the Bank)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline LoneRider

• 1st Gear

• no Norway

• i30 Lurker
This new i30 is what caught my interest for Hyundai for the first time!

Great work Hyundai, I'm really looking forward to the test drive!  :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Love that Colour! (the bronze one).. One of my first cars was a Renault 12 Virage Special.. and it was a very similar colour to that (and I kept it 4 years and did 130,000 kms )  :happydance:

Thanks for posting accim .. I reckon they will sell like "hot cakes"  :goodjob:

Welcome to the club LoneRider  :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i haven't got a sweet tooth dazz,but that's a cake I'm willing to sink my teeth into. .  :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Seems like it's going to be a great car. Should also have a lot of equipment and options, which Hyundai never had before.

But still, I find current i30CW with 1.6 CRDi engine, "best pick" for me. Don't need anything more for now. If the price of the new one was close to current one, it might come in consideration - in let's say 5 years (of course CW), but dunno.. This one really has everything I need/want from the car for the reasonable price. Of course, it can always be better, faster,.., but.. If in 2012, the new and the old one were available at the same time, I would probably still go for the old one if it was cheaper. The engines are almost the same (nothing specially powerful) and don't really need other new things, that will be available in the new one. I know adding those things can cost a fortune and in the and it also means more expensive comprehensive insurance and so on.

But don't get me wrong.. It looks great and I don't doubt it will feel the same. Great job Hyundai  :goodjob: Amazing improvement looking back 20 y. ago.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:24:15 by accim »

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Seems like it's going to be a great car. Should also have a lot of equipment and options, which Hyundai never had before.

But still, I find current i30CW with 1.6 CRDi engine, "best pick" for me. Don't need anything more for now. If the price of the new one was close to current one, it might come in consideration - in let's say 5 years (of course CW), but dunno.. This one really has everything I need/want from the car for the reasonable price. Of course, it can always be better, faster,.., but.. If in 2012, the new and the old one were available at the same time, I would probably still go for the old one if it was cheaper. The engines are almost the same (nothing specially powerful) and don't really need other new things, that will be available in the new one. I know adding those things can cost a fortune and in the and it also means more expensive comprehensive insurance and so on.

But don't get me wrong.. It looks great and I don't doubt it will feel the same. Great job Hyundai  :goodjob: Amazing improvement looking back 20 y. ago.
20 years ago.  :scared: :faint:  sorry!

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

20 years ago.  :scared: :faint:  sorry!

What did I say wrong?  :confused:

What I ment was, how much Hyundai improved and evolved in 20 years. I know they've been around for much longer, but I usually have that Hyundai Pony from 90's in mind..

This vs this

We haven't had any other (older) Hyundai's around here.. As a matter a fact, we didn't have any other foreign brands. Yugoslavian (we lived in Yugoslavia before), Russian, stuff like that. It was a different political regime  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:55:58 by accim »

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'm sorry accim i never meant to offend you .but most Hyundai's in Australia were rubbish until about 2007.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
we had a model called the excel for about 10 years,it seems to be fairly bullet proof.  :goodjob2:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
we had a model called the excel for about 10 years,it seems to be fairly bullet proof.  :goodjob2:
oh,the accent was a fairly good car.  :goodjob2:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Well everything changed after 2006/2007, when the New Santa Fe and the i30 came out. But other cars weren't as bad either.. They were just a bit "behind". I've had Accent 00 and Elantra 04, Accent 06.. All were great cars but always seemed to be just a bit late. We've also had the Santa Fe 2004 and it was good, but not even close to the 2006-> model.

I must say I/we've (closer family) owned Hyundai's in different eras 1990's -> 2010's and if you owned one after another, you could just see and feel how they were updating the models through these years. I would divide Hyundai in 5 periods. Before 90's, 1990-2000, 2000-2006, 2006-2011 and 2011-> (new i40, i30...). Each period was started with much better model then previous one. Giant leap for Hyundai, were (IMHO) the last two.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have a friend  :P and they had a 1996 Accent, the real old shape, manual.
It was an ex hire car when they bought it second hand.
They put two or three of their kids through it, never missed a beat and they sold it with about 250,000 kms, still going strong.
The build quality wasn't a patch on today & the materials were cheap, but gee, they were pretty bullet-proof and I think really helped establish Hyundai's reputation in Oz.
After that, they just got better with each model.
The same friend now has two (old shape) Accents, 2005 & 2006 for the kids & they just keep going (the cars, not the kids).
And then there's my daughter's 2006 (new shape) Accent which is totally reliable against all odds  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I lived in the Middle East for 12 years commencing 1985 and bought a Hyundai Stellar 1.6 GLS Auto when I first arrived. It impressed in the showroom - but not on the road. Harsh engine, poor bodywork, lousy ride, fragile upholstery, the paint badly weathered in the sun after 18 months and it drank petrol. Fortunately petrol was cheaper than drinking water so that could be overlooked.

After that experience I didn't think I would ever, ever, ever buy another Hyundai - but here I am delighted with my i30.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 14:46:50 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I lived in the Middle East for 12 years commencing 1985 and bought a Hyundai Stellar 1.6 GLS Auto when I first arrived. It impressed in the showroom - but not on the road. Harsh engine, poor bodywork, lousy ride, fragile upholstery, the paint badly weathered in the sun after 18 months and it drank petrol. Fortunately petrol was cheaper than drinking water so that could be overlooked.

THis was my model : http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

After that experience I didn't think I would ever, ever, ever buy another Hyundai - but here I am delighted with my i30.

When I click on that link I get a 1991 BMW 850i.
I don't know what you're complaining about  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

When I click on that link I get a 1991 BMW 850i.
I don't know what you're complaining about  :D

Blimey you were quick - I realised as soon as I posted it that the link was faulty and modified the post without realising you had posted your comment. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's ok, you are totally forgiven  :)
Gave me something else to read too...
I just noticed where you live - I'm surprised you don't drive a Land Rover
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Land Rover = Four by four by far too expensive.  That's why.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Land Rover = Four by four by far too expensive.  That's why.

:lol: :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
or a jag.  :whistler: :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Excellent - it's starting to grow on me :D

Thanks for the pic & vid.

I'm particularly impressed with the automatic parking feature shown at the end of the vid :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i cant wait to see one in my dealers showroom,I'm seriously thinking about buying one when they are released in oz.  :P :mrgreen: :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interesting review and more good pix  :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Bring on the important model......the CW!
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal