i30 Owners Club

(AUS) 2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Series II pricing and specifications

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
by  Mike Costello

The Hyundai i30 Tourer Series II launches this week, bringing a range of mid-life updates to the popular small-sized wagon.

The Series II i30 wagon upgrade arrives a few months after the mid-life updated Series II i30 hatch range touched down on local shores, bringing with it new features, a new DCT dual-clutch transmission as standard, and a price increase across the trimmed-down line-up.

As before, the i30 Tourer is available in two specifications, the flagship Elite and the entry Tourer (was previously called the Active). Hyundai has axed the six-speed manual price leader, cutting the line-up of offerings to three variants: the Tourer petrol and diesel, and Tourer Elite diesel.

The new entry price is $27,990 plus on-road costs, up $750. The Tourer diesel commands a $2600 premium at $30,590, which is likewise $750 more expensive than before. The Tourer Elite diesel now costs $34,190 — you guessed it, $750 higher than before.

By comparison, the entry Volkswagen Golf 90 TSI wagon with DSG automatic costs $25,840, while the 90 TSI retails for $29,690. The diesel-powered 110 TDI Highline retails for $36,840. Another rival, the Peugeot 308 wagon, can be had in petrol for $34,689 and as a diesel for $36,543.

The entry variant gets new standard features such as a five-inch touchscreen with the Pandora streaming app integrated, and a reversing camera, while the Elite gets the carryover 7.0-inch touchscreen with satellite-navigation.

There are also new 16-inch alloy wheels on both variants, and similar stylistic tweaks to the Series II hatch including a redesigned grille with black horizontal slats with chrome inserts.

Again under the bonnet of the entry car is a 1.6-litre GDi direct-injected petrol engine producing 98kW at 6300rpm and 163Nm at 4850, which is smaller than the 107kW/175Nm 1.8-litre engine used on the i30 hatch. That’s because the wagon is imported from the Czech Republic rather than Korea, as with the hatch, and the engines are plant-specific.

New, however, is the seven-speed dry clutch DCT in place of the old six-speed unit with torque converter, reducing fuel consumption by 0.9 litres per 100km to 6.9L/100km. This gives the petrol i30 wagon something over the 1.8 petrol i30 hatch, which maintains the six-speed auto.

The 1.6-litre CRDi turbo-diesel engine option available on both the Tourer and exclusively on the Tourer Elite gets new outputs of 100kW at 4000rpm (up 6kW) and 300Nm between 1750 to 2500rpm (up 40Nm). Fuel economy is cut by up to 1.0L/100km to 4.8L/100km. Standard fare, as with the petrol, is the seven-speed DCT — as it is on the i30 diesel-powered hatch.

The i30 Tourer gets an impressive 528 litres of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 1642L with them in use, 150L/326L more than the hatch. The Tourers also get multi-link independent rear suspension rather than the hatchback’s torsion beam setup.

2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Series II specifications:

Tourer:
•7-DCT transmission
•Seven airbags (driver & front passenger, driver & front passenger side (thorax), full-length curtains, driver’s knee)
•Electronic Stability Control (ESC) including:
•Traction Control System (TCS)
•Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
•Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
•Brake Assist System (BAS)
•Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
•Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
•LED daytime running lamps
•Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
•Rear parking assist system (4 sensors)
•Rear view-camera (NEW)
•16-inch alloy wheels with 205/55R16 tyres
•Keyless entry with burglar alarm
•5-inch touchscreen audio system with MP3 capability, 6 speakers, media ripping/storage and Pandora® internet radio capability via tethering with smartphone (NEW)
•AUX/USB audio input with digital iPod® compatibility
•Bluetooth connectivity (hands-free phone & audio streaming)
•Steering wheel mounted audio and phone controls
•Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls and speed limiter function
•Front & rear power windows
•Front fog lights
•Height-adjustable driver’s seat
•One-touch turn signal operation (3, 5, or 7 flashes)
•One-touch window-down on driver’s window
•Tilt & telescopic steering column
•Trip computer
•Cloth interior
•LED high-mount stop light
•Manual air-conditioning with rear heating ducts
•60:40 split folding rear seats
•Cargo blind & safety barrier net
•Luggage net
•Luggage underfloor box & flat-folding rear seats
•Roof rail

Tourer Elite (above Tourer variant):
•Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
•7-inch touchscreen satellite-navigation system with CD player & 3 years’ HERE MapCare
•Dual-zone climate control with automatic windscreen defog function
•Electric folding external mirrors with integrated LED side
•repeater lights
•Proximity smart key with push-button start
•Rain-sensing wipers
•Rear seat centre armrest
•TFT LCD colour display in Supervision cluster
•Alloy-look interior door handles
•Illuminated front door handles, puddle lights, and sun visors
•One-touch window up/down function on all windows
•Chrome exterior door handles
•Satin chrome belt-line moulding
•Premium gear knob and steering wheel

2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Series II pricing (plus on-road costs):
•Tourer 1.6 GDi with DCT — $27,990
•Tourer 1.6 CRDi with DCT — $30,590
•Tourer Elite 1.6 CRDi with DCT — $34,190

Source: :link: 2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Series II pricing and specifications

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Rusty! Too dear, but good for Trish's resale value!  :cool: The Dual clutch Diesel would be nice!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
But is the spare -- full size, temp size or a can of goo
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
They kept that quiet, I was just googling last week for sneak photos.

30k is up there. You can get a 2.0l  diesel auto Sportage for 33.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
But is the spare -- full size, temp size or a can of goo

Should be a full size spare if other models are anything to go by....  :)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I wonder what real life pricing will be....There is a general lack of movement in the diesel hatch....

Hard to sell a diesel at full freight when your throwing out the petrol auto for 20k

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wonder what real life pricing will be....There is a general lack of movement in the diesel hatch....

Hard to sell a diesel at full freight when your throwing out the petrol auto for 20k

Yep, they certainly aren't helping resale values.. I faced the same thing with my Hybrid Camry when they were doing the standard model for $26,990 drive away! :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I think I'd be more than happy with the basic Tourer diesel....  :)

While I wouldn't mind a couple of the extras that come with the Elite such as the folding exterior mirrors and the premium gear knob and steering wheel, there's no way I'd pay the extra bickies...

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
34k for the Elite is very hard to justify. When we were shopping for our GD we went with the Elite hatch in Diesel because the price difference didnt add up.

It probably would have had better resale value, but we already have a i30cw so we thought we'd save a few bucks
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It all comes down to how many they bring in (supply is tight at the moment in the wagons and diesel hatches, hence the take it or leave it pricing) and how much the fleets fall in love with them.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Saw one in the flesh today.

Looks nice. It has the Active X wheels. The rear wagon window shows it is heaps bigger than the window on my FD.

Was supposed to test drive it, but despite the 'just come on down, its ready to go' became 'it's the end of the financial year the place is a mad house. The bloke who told me that was 'too busy' so spoke to someone else.

Without too much in the way of effort, was able to talk the base diesel auto down to 30k

But then I saw 2015 (not updated) I40 diesel auto sedans for $25690..... Don't know how much more you could haggle them down, but there is a new model on the way....

Nice problem to have.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Saw one in the flesh today.

Looks nice. It has the Active X wheels. The rear wagon window shows it is heaps bigger than the window on my FD.

Was supposed to test drive it, but despite the 'just come on down, its ready to go' became 'it's the end of the financial year the place is a mad house. The bloke who told me that was 'too busy' so spoke to someone else.

Without too much in the way of effort, was able to talk the base diesel auto down to 30k

But then I saw 2015 (not updated) I40 diesel auto sedans for $25690..... Don't know how much more you could haggle them down, but there is a new model on the way....

Nice problem to have.

:mrgreen: :goodjob:

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Being european built isnt working in our favor for the wagon.

My 09 i30cw SX manual was only 24 grand back in the day.

When we were looking at the GD wagon it did seem smaller inside. Quite deceiving that the GD has more cargo space in litres, buy felt heaps smaller than the FD
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Can't say I agree it felt smaller, but to each their own.

The 'boot' area is heaps bigger. The rest feels the same to me

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
There's slightly less front and rear leg room in the GD Hatch compared to the FD.

The CW though has way more rear leg room compared to the Tourer which remains the same as the Hatch...

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
How do they compare to the i40 (sedan) that looks huge.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
While there is quite a bit more front leg room, (according to the specs) there is actually less rear leg room in the i40 sedan...  :eek:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
The FD hatch, GD hatch & Tourer have 2650 mm between front and rear axle.

The FD CW have 2700 mm between front and rear axle, that might explain the better legroom.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Yes, shame Hyundai took the cheap way out with the GD Tourer...
I think the extra rear leg room in the FD CW was a major selling point with families with tall kids...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal